saitoh183
Premium
join:2012-01-08
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to JoePro

Re: [Television] Another Samsung - Cisco question

what do you mean by wont work? Hauppauge Collossus card connected via Component cable to Samsung/Cisco that has NG on it wont work? why not? Forget the double blast i describe, this is just for the SA8300 since the HDD cause the machine to go to sleep. What Feature removed in NG that would not make it work

JoePro

join:2006-11-01
canada

Now that I think about it, what you're describing *might* be different from the feature removed from Illico NG. There used to be an option to turn on the terminal by pressing one of the numeric keys on the remote. That's gone. I thought that's why you were using the double blast, but I could be mistaken.

saitoh183
Premium
join:2012-01-08
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

Ah, ic, no, the reason was really because first blast wakes up PVR(first key press didnt register in channel number...ie: 602 would do 02) so second blast insured that i got 602. So now back to topic, should i try to get the samsung or just settle for the Cisco?

@GuiGQc: i have the intention of changing to illico NG with the new machine. All i really care about is getting more speed when tune to a new channel and also have a machine that doesnt go to sleep so i dont have to double blast anymore.