Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to bbhog

Premium Member

to bbhog

Re: [Cable] Unfair $5 Cost for Rogers Speed Change.

said by bbhog:

I'm wondering why you haven't left to Start?
Their 25/2 package is the same price as TSI's and you can move there today, at NO COST.

Ay, can you save-a more money than free ? (old Speed Muffler TV commercial)
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

....Sure, Start will eat the install fees from Rogers for switching from pre-existing cable services (honestly that sounds a little fishy though, why [not] eat the install fee for anyone signing up?).

But they don't offer true unlimited service, have lower caps on many tiers than TSI and at the moment have no caps on overage charges.

So if you're going to start comparing TSI and Start, don't nit pick about it - give the whole picture....

It's MY understanding that START is not eating their normal $50 setup fee for cable, rather that the cableco does not levy it to START on a transfer of another active cable Internet service at the same jack, as long as a truck roll is not needed.

I do not have a tariff reference at my fingertips ATM, but there MUST be one.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to pnjunction

Premium Member

to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

[to geokilla]....You're in the Start thread talking about this same thing....

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to NBomb

Premium Member

to NBomb
said by NBomb:

....Would you be happier to pay less up front and get jammed long term?

I have a 3 year cell phone contract for you to sign.

FTTHTechie
@axxent.ca

FTTHTechie to geokilla

Anon

to geokilla
"That's why we like choice and competition. You can choose not to change speeds or choose the other guy's offering."

Competition in Canada doesn't exist. Even Third Party Internet Service providers are forced to use the Oligopolies lines and services and sell-last mile. This isn't Sweden or South Korea where they actually care about the consumer and don't have ridiculous fees and caps. It's a first world country with third world IT and Infrastructure and Third world corruption/influence of lobbyists. It's quite a shame because broadband Internet access is a necessity in this modern world and we are being nickle and dimed to death. That's not including that everything else we pay for as well is overpriced. It's as if we don't have enough to worry about.

Some may argue that this is a small cost but remember it all adds up. Especially in this country it adds up to all the other exorbitant costs for Gas , Food , Internet , etc... and nothing is done about it.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to geokilla

to geokilla
Seriously...??? 4 freakin' pages(and counting) over a 5 dollar charge.... marone...
callous
join:2012-06-25
Toronto, ON

callous to geokilla

to geokilla
While I was hoping teksavvy would upgrade everyone for free, hearing that CRTC allowed rogers to charge teksavvy for the service, I would say it wouldnt be fair for teksavvy to eat the cost.

Is teksavvy denying you your internet service if you dont pay? No. You keep your old speed profile. Nothing has changed. You do however get 2am-8am unlimited use, but if you're on unlimited get charged more (but that's Roger's fault).

Upgrade for faster speed or pay nothing and keep your current speed. Why is it unfair? I bet the admin cost to upgrade each client IS costing teksavvy money. None of the $5 goes to teksavvy yet they have to spend time which costs money to move everyone over.
Expand your moderator at work

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to FTTHTechie

Premium Member

to FTTHTechie

Re: [Cable] Unfair $5 Cost for Rogers Speed Change.

Very good post FTTHTechie +1 thumbs up!
bparanoid5
join:2009-07-17

bparanoid5 to geokilla

to geokilla
Spend $5.00 & Save $79.00 in the first year. It's that simple.
Shoot if the cost was $50.00 to switch I would pay it without skipping a beat.(Marc, pretend you didn't read that)
Who is making the $5.00 and why should be irrelevant to you.

This short term type of thinking is why there are millions of people out there still renting water heaters.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag

said by bparanoid5:

Spend $5.00 & Save $79.00 in the first year. It's that simple.
Shoot if the cost was $50.00 to switch I would pay it without skipping a beat.(Marc, pretend you didn't read that)
Who is making the $5.00 and why should be irrelevant to you.

This short term type of thinking is why there are millions of people out there still renting water heaters.

If you think about it, you can upgrade to a D3 + pay $5 to switch and almost break even within a year
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Heh i was kinda happy last week that i was renting my water heater p:) yes its A waste but The one i had went belly Up The Vent died complety repairs would have run me 800ish though i have had it 4 years so i could have bought a new one for what i rent for.