spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hiker05

join:2013-03-11

Slow speed at night

Three nights now my speed drops drastically. I have 18mbps during the day and about 7pm I get less then 1mbps. When I get up in the morning it is back to normal. Called suddenlink and they told me they had no outages or problems in my area. They could not find anything wrong with my modem. Anything I should check?

Sakki54

join:2012-11-20
Tyler, TX

Is it just slow speeds, or do you also get high packet loss and ping?

jeffkingman

@suddenlink.net
reply to hiker05

said by hiker05:

Three nights now my speed drops drastically. I have 18mbps during the day and about 7pm I get less then 1mbps. When I get up in the morning it is back to normal. Called suddenlink and they told me they had no outages or problems in my area. They could not find anything wrong with my modem. Anything I should check?

Same here. Promised 15mbps, and I can get that at the butt crack of dawn. The rest of the morning/afternoon I get about 6-8mbps, then from 5 PM on I usually get around 1mbps. Per Suddenlink I replaced the router, the modem, they ran new lines in my house, new lines from the street to my house... All for nothing.

I called and lodged another complaint tonight, probably my 10th in a few months. Tomorrow I call to demand a hefty refund for the months I've been complaining or I'm canceling. This is the FIRST time I've EVER had issues with an ISP.

TurboNerd

join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

CALL AND HARASS THEM EVERY DAY

Nothing changed in the household and we experienced an outage 2 weeks ago. Ever since then internet (15/1.5) crawls to a slow 1.5-3Mbit occasionally seeing 4Mbit and 0.5Mbit.
Around 5pm to 1am (+/- an hour).

They sent a tech out whom finally replaced the last thing that hasn't been changed out (everything Quad Shield RG-6, including wall plates/splitters) The Drop of which i begged for them to change since the telephone issue started 2 years ago (helped with digital artifacts now down to none)

Did not fix the issue.
Smoke ping i utilized last month concerning the 2 year ongoing telephone issue was a constant 80ms all hours with no smoke no matter how much I taxed the service out.

Since outage i finally see smoke.
Constant 80ms during the day no matter how much it is taxed, but soon as the slow times appears its median is around 200ms with a solid bar of smoke from 5pm to 1am. The top being at 400ms with spikes past 500ms.

They requested a Traceroute done (why should I have to monitor their network) and i have it set up to log and run by windows task scheduler (or whatever it's called in post xp systems) When/If they request this of you make a batch file on your desktop with the following lines or similar

tracert google.com >> TR_Google.txt

tracert suddenlink.com >> TR_suddenlinkcom.txt

tracert suddenlink.net >> TR_suddenlinknet.txt

I have a feeling they piggy backed us on a different node and now have an overloaded network.

Either Way it's probably not in your household but it MIGHT be so we all have to WASTE our times to help them diagnose THEIR issue.

SDLshannon

join:2013-02-22

Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. If you are experiencing trouble with your service, please email me and I will be happy to assist in a resolution. My direct email is shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!