uniqs
hwittenb
join:2003-12-20

hwittenb to MartinM

to MartinM

Re: VOIP Carriers in Granby QC Canada office, Besides ISPTELECOM

said by MartinM:

I've this Granby number pointed to an echo test: 4503051149

Perhaps some could test it and see if they can experiment the same issue you're having with Granby? I personally can't hear any sound anomalies.

I called the echo test number using a variety of providers from my location in Northern California.

The echo test "lady" was initially received with good audio sound using all providers.

The echo back of my voice was good calling the number using voip.ms. Calling the number using other providers the echo back sound ranged from terrible to fair. The worst was GoogleVoice where the echo back words were broken up and barely legible. The best of the other providers still provided a hollow sounding voice and I would not call any of them good. The other providers I used to call the number were callwithus, anveo, future-nine, localphone, callcentric
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by hwittenb:

said by MartinM:

I've this Granby number pointed to an echo test: 4503051149

Perhaps some could test it and see if they can experiment the same issue you're having with Granby? I personally can't hear any sound anomalies.

I called the echo test number using a variety of providers from my location in Northern California.

The echo test "lady" was initially received with good audio sound using all providers.

The echo back of my voice was good calling the number using voip.ms. Calling the number using other providers the echo back sound ranged from terrible to fair. The worst was GoogleVoice where the echo back words were broken up and barely legible. The best of the other providers still provided a hollow sounding voice and I would not call any of them good. The other providers I used to call the number were callwithus, anveo, future-nine, localphone, callcentric

I'm suprised all providers are experiencing issues with ISPT CLEC on Granby.

I now have this Granby number configured for echo test: 4508770650, this is with a different CLEC we deal with, none of the sound quality anomalies could be replicated.

I'll gladly offer Granby numbers to the OP with this CLEC at the same rate, and we'll also switch our offered numbers for that rate center until ISPT resolves their issue with Granb affected numbers.
tbrummell2
join:2002-02-09
Ottawa, ON

tbrummell2 to hwittenb

to hwittenb
Same results as hwittenb, using GV & CWU, calling the first echo test number the playback of "her" voice is fine in the initial greeting, but then crap. Using the 2nd listed number the whole echo test is good.
hwittenb
join:2003-12-20

hwittenb to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

I now have this Granby number configured for echo test: 4508770650, this is with a different CLEC we deal with, none of the sound quality anomalies could be replicated.

I placed test calls to the new echo test number you posted and the sound was significantly better. I called using the same group of voip providers. There was a minor difference between the different providers however the sound quality was all in the reasonably good range.