uniqs
Needleinthha
join:2009-11-30
Chandler, AZ

Needleinthha to nonymous

to nonymous

Re: [AZ] Mesa Arizona - Low speed issues

said by nonymous:

I think you get routed to California and back into AZ even if you are in AZ using the AZ test servers.

Currently, best/closest (network wise) speedtest.net server is the san diego server hosted by scalematrix. They have a direct connect through cox and under 20ms pings.

the tucson login.com server is on cox network also (under 15ms pings) but i've found that for some reason they seemed to be limited somehow (either intentionally or just slow pipe/server speed) because when I was on ultimate and tried it, it seemed to top out at ~100mbps.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

said by Needleinthha:

said by nonymous:

I think you get routed to California and back into AZ even if you are in AZ using the AZ test servers.

Currently, best/closest (network wise) speedtest.net server is the san diego server hosted by scalematrix. They have a direct connect through cox and under 20ms pings.

the tucson login.com server is on cox network also (under 15ms pings) but i've found that for some reason they seemed to be limited somehow (either intentionally or just slow pipe/server speed) because when I was on ultimate and tried it, it seemed to top out at ~100mbps.

I am Phoenix metro. Just most things seem to route to CA first before coming back. Think I did read the reason for this months back.