Search similar:

uniqs

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

SIP provider that can send the Caller ID passed by Asterisk

I am looking for a SIP provider that allows me to do the following:
- confirm a set of numbers (no more than 10) as mine (for example something like call the number, enter a code). All those numbers are from USA/Canada
- when I make an outbound call from my Asterisk using one of these number as my outbound Caller ID, pass the number correctly
Most of the Betamax/Dellmont services work approximately this way, except their quality is not always great and the Caller ID sometimes goes through, other times it shows anonymous.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

You can pass CID with Cheap Voip Inc (»www.cheapvoipinc.com).

I think you can with CWU too but not sure.

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

Thanks nitzan. Does it work for both grey and premium routes ?
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

Sorry, I thought you were looking for US/Canada - those routes are all premium. International it may or may not work depending on the destination and whether the route supports CID or not (which is of course more likely for premium routes but not all of them).

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for USA/Canada.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo to toro

MVM

to toro
Many providers will pass any CID you set, verification not necessary. These include:
Flowroute
Vitelity
CallWithUs
Voip.ms
SIPStation/Bandwidth.com
Les.net

Additionally, CallCentric will pass verified numbers.

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga to toro

to toro
Anveo will let you setup several numbers (it does an automated call back to verify the number is yours). Then in the SIP registration settings, you can tell it to use the number from your SIP device as the caller ID.

They also have a relatively new feature where it'll automatically select the closest number to the person you're calling. So if you have a number in say, Florida, it would use that in the caller ID every time you call someone in Florida.