Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

[MoP] Rare Zandalari in Jade Forest

Spotted a rare Zandalari in Jade Forest last night on a triceratops mount. 5 million health. Got a small group together and took him out. No mount drop but he did drop BOA coins that added 1k to the various MoP factions.

Gonna hunt for him again. Look for him between Sri-La Village and the Terrace of Ten Thunders. He will be on a cliff side.

Wanted to pass the info along to my friends in here.

gainsborugh

@johnstonesupply.com
the scouts don't drop mounts....

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
^ The scouts are rare as well, they only have 5 million HP and are solo'able.

^ The masters (the dino) have around 21 mill and are also solo'able (as a tank) but it will take some time due to the large hp pool. Best is to grab a tank and some dps and nuke him down as all of his non auto attacks are avoidable.

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC
My fault, the scout had 5mil, the mounted one had around 21. Took a small group but we got him. Sometimes I get to typing before the coffee kicks in.

You were correct JB

djlar

join:2009-04-23
I was waiting on the Kun'lai summit ones to spawn, 25-30 players were camping the site, while I was waiting for someone to engange the Sha (it could be seen from that spot), neither happened, no rares or scouts or Sha fights..

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to StumpMan
Mounts are 7% drop chance and there are three separate ones that drop. One of each color from each of the Warbringers. The Scouts can spawn more then one, and I am currently listening and studying if there mount is left up without killing it if they respawn quicker.

I am also seeing its a 1 hour Respawn cycle like the other rares, but that the Warbringers must ALL be killed in Pandaland similar to the specific areas Rares. (If one Rare is left up, the others will not spawn in a given zone) As I farm these quite heavily, I am pretty sure my statement about this is correct.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Tried to stick the video here. You will just need to watch it at youtube I guess.
»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···VpirphYc

gainsborough

@johnstonesupply.com
killed ~50 warbringers this weekend with zero mount popping. spent ~8 hrs on sat and ~5 on sunday farming them.... 7% is a lie (I don't really think so cause our group was fighting for tags against lots of other people with the mounts... just got real bad rng)

me and my buddies all have 5+ 90 alts. everyone set one at each spot. then we each took a zone to camp when none were up... called out in vent when one spawned and tagged. then everyone logged into their alt in that zone... it was pretty efficient... after kill everyone just logged back into there zone. (lost only 2 warbringers the whole time... same faction getting tag first)

wife and kid in canada this week probably played wow for ~30 hrs sat and sunday.... noon-3am(4am) sunday... then 11am-11pm sunday. not quite 30....

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
... Mount only drops from the rare spawn to my knowledge....

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Not to be a stickler but they are both marked as rare. The warbringer is the mounted one with 21mil hp, he's the only one that can drop 1 of the 3 mounts.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
I've seen that mount on LFR peeps and looks sweet..