spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xsharkz
join:2008-04-09

xsharkz

Sync no surf issues

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody here would have any experience in resolving this issue and I would greatly appreciate the help.

I was previously using the 6mbps service which was rock solid and had no problems whatsoever although I've lately switched to 25mbps and I've had this issue since Day1 where the internet would randomly drop despite having full sync on the modem itself, I am definitely able to ping any website during the downtime and only a physical restart of the modem can fix it.

I tried removing the router which was bridged with the modem and only use the single modem but I still had the same issue. After some quick googling around, the only fix to this seems to be some IPTV profile change which teksavvy does not seem to offer.

I would have dealt with it if it was a simple occasional one but they are random by nature and sometimes will happen on a frequent basis one after another which is causing me a lot of grief.

I would be grateful for any input at this point.

Thank You

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh

Premium Member

Hello xsharkz,

I’m sorry to hear your having an issue with your DSL connection. I would absolutely like to help you to see if we can find a solution for this issue for you!!! Would you be able to send us your account information in the direct forum? »/forum ··· avdirect
We can look into this for you.

Thanks again
TSI-Ashleigh
themisa
join:2012-05-22

themisa to xsharkz

to xsharkz
It's a known issue with Sagemcom. Bell has been able to fix this for their users by switching to a different profile.

Supposedly ping still works for most sites because it's a small packet.
Can you ping "www.youtube.com" when it happens?
xsharkz

xsharkz

Sorry for the late response, it does seem youtube is one of the exceptions and I cannot ping it while under the sync no surf.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to xsharkz

Premium Member

to xsharkz
Sagemcom has this issue.... I've experienced it... Even in bridge mode...
xsharkz

xsharkz

Would I need to switch for a different Modem?

thanks

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

said by xsharkz:

Would I need to switch for a different Modem?

thanks

If you have not done so already, let us troubleshoot the connection and get this resolved for you.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to xsharkz

Premium Member

to xsharkz
Hello xsharkz,

You are correct, to fix the issue you would need your profile adjusted. I would recommend posting your account info in the direct forum as Ashleigh mentioned as we have been able to get the profile adjust properly a few times.

Thank you,
Keith
xsharkz

xsharkz

done

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

The "fix" is a FibeTV profile, which adds extra latency...

For gamers that's not an ideal solution...

I wish Bell would just fix their garbage modems... Always issues with firmware...

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

aw man, here i thought going to 50/10 would be good, but not only am i hearing about the Sagecom and lack of proper bridging, but now this. How much extra latency does that profile give you?
xsharkz

xsharkz

from what I've read, seems to be a 20ms increase

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

that pretty bad, i hope they don't start enabling that profile by default. does it happen to every Sagemcom or is it a weird combo of specific things that trigger it?
xsharkz

xsharkz

Not quite sure myself to be frank, I'm sure someone else might know better.

I'm pretty sure everybody is on the fastpath by default, I am not too sure how common it is but I do have a few friends that do not have any problems whatsoever. From the information I've gathered, too many open connections would be the common trigger to it and that's why torrents are usually pointed as the culprits but in all honesty rarely anyone in my household uses torrents but we do have 4 active PC's running all the time with various devices like cellphones and with heavy video streaming I suppose that easily "saturates" the sagemcom.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie to xsharkz

to xsharkz
said by xsharkz:

from what I've read, seems to be a 20ms increase

Where can I see the value on the Sagemcom?
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to jmck

to jmck
said by jmck:

the Sagecom and lack of proper bridging

Even on modems with "proper bridging", the bridging is likely little more than a forwarding rule that is enabled regardless of whether the modem is "bridged" or not.

Even in "bridged mode", the modem still needs to apply packet filtering to prevent non-routable LAN traffic from spamming the WAN link.
xsharkz

xsharkz to bjlockie

to bjlockie
Not sure where you would look for that myself but from what I've read from the bell forums it seems the to be to approximate amount.

»[DSL] [VDSL] Is this the "sync no surf" issue?

The poster Kovy reports a ~20ms increase on his end post-fix