join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to toro

Premium Member

to toro

Re: VOIP Carriers in Granby QC Canada office, Besides ISPTELECOM

said by toro:

Confirmed the other users' results....

So this brings up a good question that I just can't figure out from a technical point of view:

[Why] should one CLEC sound so much better than another CLEC, in the same rate center?

AFAIK there is only one quality level of electrons....

We know there can be quality issues when we are making an outbound call (termination), some termination carriers may have better routing and lines than others.

But that should not matter when the variation is at the receiving end (two CLECs in the same rate center).
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Based on my (limited) understanding of the technology, the PSTN has to be converted to IP at some point. Perhaps this means that ISP Telecom's equipment at the Granby CO is not working properly.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by Mango:

Perhaps this means that ISP Telecom's equipment at the Granby CO is not working properly.

That's my bet. Perhaps it's simply overloaded or has partially failed and the remaining components can't handle the full load. Another possibility is that they don't have enough bandwidth and are using compression to maximize the number of channels they can handle. That's a total shot in the dark, by the way.
said by voxframe:

The only VOIP provider that uses that office that people know about is Vonage, and I think they use ISPTELECOM as well, but I think they have migrated or are migrating away as SOME Vonage clients out of this CO have flawless service, and some have total garbage. But Vonage is the only provider to somewhat get good service, but it's dependent on the DID. They are either all good or all bad.

AcroVoice has customers in this rate center using two different CLECs. No reports of problems whatsoever. Neither of these CLECs are ISP Telecom.

I expect any voip.ms customer who takes Martin up on his offer to switch to a CLEC other than ISP Telecom will be happy with the results.