Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dalionath

join:2013-03-06
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

1 edit

Dragon Dogma

hey guys who still plays dragon dogma? i started playing it this weekend and its awesome but just wondering who still plays or is it dead? because i never see people online at the sametime as i do

Edit: Because im looking for people to play with, would be fun

Gandalf4503

join:2002-06-27
Cohoes, NY

said by Dalionath:

hey guys who still plays dragon dogma? i started playing it this weekend and its awesome but just wondering who still plays or is it dead? because i never see people online at the sametime as i do

Edit: Because im looking for people to play with, would be fun

Eh? Dragon's Dogma isn't a multiplayer game. You can choose different NPC's to join your party, which have been leveled/customized by other players, but you can't actually play with other people. There should be a wide selection of NPC's to choose from regardless of whether anyone is online or not.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

really? o.o because in end game, you can fight this skelleton dragon with other people at the sametime its like a open server boss

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
reply to Gandalf4503

where players and their parties from around the world compete online to take down the Ur-Dragon. The effect and damage done by each of these parties is combined until the creature is defeated.

»dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon

there is.

Gandalf4503

join:2002-06-27
Cohoes, NY

said by Dalionath:

where players and their parties from around the world compete online to take down the Ur-Dragon. The effect and damage done by each of these parties is combined until the creature is defeated.

»dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon

there is.

The text you're reading is misleading. When you're fighting online damage done to the boss is counted for whomever is attacking them, sure, but you will never see or interact with the other players. It's not really multiplayer at all. If you play in offline mode you have a better chance at getting the kill anyway - if you're too slow online he'll be dead and you'll get nothing. At least offline you're guaranteed loot and credit when he dies.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

oh ok im sorry then i did not know

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

No need to apologize. He was just explaining why you do not see anyone and the actual game mechanics.

And, yes, the game is totally awesome. I have 970/1000 achievement points for it. The second one will be an immediate buy for me.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

i love it soooo much! :P, i am a magic archer right now but im thinking of going into mystic fighter, i have a fighter and 2 mages in my team we do good but dam trolls are a pain when your lvl 22 lol, was doing the catacomb quest this morning but im kinda stuck theres a door that i need the key and i have no clue where to get it, and also the door at the end i have no clue how to open it lol

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

Catacomb quest? Which one? It's been a while, but I might be able to help.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

the one you have to kill 36 skeleton's there is 2 doors i cant open, theres 1 i need to get the key for and the other one it says it wont budge, so idk :P

LastSurvivor

join:2008-01-02
Toledo, OH
reply to Dalionath

Dalionath: The mission (if I remember) came from the post boards where you have to kill X number of monsters. Most of the time they can be located anywhere. Skeletons can be found at night about north/northwest of Gran Castle. Course in Catacombs as well. The quest should give you location generally.

As for locked doors, areas you can't get to -- some areas are not available til you defeat dragon, or a specific mission, after a completed mission, or someone gives you a key (if required).

There's a wiki for Dragon's Dogma that may help you out, if you so interested. »dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma

As for Trolls (aka Ogres) use of fire is recommended. Watch out for their jump kick, it can be quite a killer. Wait til you fight two of them in the dark! That is fun!

Right now I'm level 70, playing an Assassin. I've leveled up a strider vocation, magick archer and ranger. I can end the game now if I like, but for now I'm just roaming and trying/leveling different vocations. I only play on the week ends for the most part.

The game is fun, but it isn't perfect, there are some problems I've noticed, but overall cool game. If you're hired pawns don't work out, get new ones! They don't level up with you. Found that out at level 10 and they were level 5 and we were hammering down an Ogre (Troll).

Edit: replied to wrong person

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

Yup, the pawns you hire do not level up with you, so it is good to change them out every 3 or so levels. Also, make sure you check the vocations, abilities, and gear of the pawns that you are looking to hire. Some folks will strive to gear out his/her pawn, but others will just throw scraps the pawn's way.

Trolls are easy with fire or by climbing their backs and smashing them on the top of the head.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

LastSurvivor

join:2008-01-02
Toledo, OH

Yeah I've noticed about that with Pawns, tis why I will outfit them with better gear and enhancements. So if someone gets a pawn back with better gear, probably was me.