Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

4 edits

Oregonian

Premium Member

Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

Saw a commercial last night during the 10 PM news that Comcast will be doubling speeds in the Portland, OR area on the two highest tiers. So, it appears that the speed increase is indeed coming and hopefully will be here soon. The commercial didn't state a projected date but I was glad just to see the commercial.

Mod Note to all: Please do not post your report of having actually received a recent speed upgrade in this topic. Please post those reports in the stickied topic at the top of this forum.

This topic: »[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her

See also numerous topics started and then locked to keep this topic all in one place:

»[Speed] Speed increase in California
»[Speed] Atlanta, GA - Extreme 50 -> Extreme 105 on March 26th
»i think california gonna upgrade soon
»Anyone know about speed UPGRADES for MISSISSIPPI?
»[Speed] Houston Speed Upgrades
»just recorded the Xfinity speed increase commercial
»Portland Speed Upgrade?
»Washington State Speed Upgrade Speculation
»Comcast Person Came To Door To Tell Us About Upgrade
»About the speed upgrade, am l wrong or not?
»When is the last roll outs of the new speed increases?
»CA schedule for speed upgrades?
»I Just Saw The Speed Doubling Commercial In The Denver Area
»[Speed] Performance Upgrade in Chicago week of 4/14?
»[Speed] Anyone in Portland OR have 25 Mbps Performance?

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Post here about reports of speed increase coming

No commercial here yet, but normally we get the upgrades in Washington about the same time you do in OR.
Soaringswine
join:2012-08-14
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

Soaringswine to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Post here about reports of speed increase coming

Atlanta, GA

I just talked to retention because my pro rate on Extreme 50 ran out and the rep mentioned that Extreme 50 will become Extreme 105 at no additional cost after March 26th.

I double-checked with her and she confirmed it. Not an official announcement, but hope!
ViPaDawG
join:2003-08-06
Renton, WA

ViPaDawG to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Any reports in the Houston/Spring, TX area?

I saw one person receive the upgrades not too far from here, but I'm curious as to any word when the rest of the area will get upgrades.

doublea
join:2007-06-04
Rancho Cordova, CA

doublea to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Just saw the commercial last night for the first time on NBC at 10PM myself. I am in the San-Francisco area.

I have been waiting for these speed upgrades forever, been jealous over the people on the east coast who got this months ago.

Cant wait for my 50/10 blast!

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to Oregonian

MVM

to Oregonian
Adds running on radio and TV all over SE Florida for weeks now.

Andrew T
@comcast.net

Andrew T to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian
Saw a commercial for this in Savannah, GA two nights ago. Unfortunately the rep said Savannah is only slated to increase Blast from 25 download to 35. Looks like no love of 50 for Savannah.
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424 to doublea

to doublea
said by doublea:

Just saw the commercial last night for the first time on NBC at 10PM myself. I am in the San-Francisco area.

I have been waiting for these speed upgrades forever, been jealous over the people on the east coast who got this months ago.

Cant wait for my 50/10 blast!

That is good news, been wondering when it was going to happen in the SF bay area. I guess I should stop skipping through all the commercials!

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Andrew T

Premium Member

to Andrew T
Hopefully your rep was wrong and you will get the full 50.

My Blast! is presently 35/6 and I expect that I will end up at 50/10 after the increase.
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Only for the two highest tiers? What about Performance? I haven't seen the ad myself.

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

Ultibeam

said by Papageno:

Only for the two highest tiers? What about Performance? I haven't seen the ad myself.

Here's the ad: »just recorded the Xfinity speed increase commercial

It does say it's increasing speed on it's most popular plan. Wouldn't that be Performance?

here
@comcast.net

here to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian
But the "leaked screenshot" said they were raising every tier's speed! I have economy tier, don't I get an increase?

Here's Comcast's Coming Speed, Pricing Lineup [141] comments)
bigb
join:2011-02-01

bigb to Oregonian

to Oregonian
I am just kinda sad that no more 50/15...

Everything that was 50/15 before goes to 105/20 and everything that was blast is going 50/10.

It's more for marketing so they can say the next level is "double" the speeds...

Also wish the 50 was a tad higher still. I know they over provision it to about 55-58 in most cases upsets me to see BH in my area selling lightning 60Mbps and most people getting about 70mbps lol and paying about the same we do for blast... Guess Comcast looks at it as well we have a faster level... with a larger price of course :/

I really hope ATT gets going on the bonding faster. They did a pilot near me with 45mbps internet on bonding but it's still got a ways before full deployment. The faster the net gets the more the competition pushes and hopefully prices can start to drop... hah wishful thinking i know.

R32Raines
Premium Member
join:2003-03-01
La Vergne, TN

R32Raines to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
I've been seeing the commercials about "coming soon", here for roughly 2 weeks. Nashville, TN area.

When on the phone with Comcast one day, the rep also told me that this area was scheduled for April.
djoye
join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN

djoye

I've heard the ad a couple times on the radio that we were due in March so I'm expecting it this month. A person posted in the stickied upgrade thread saying that they got the 50->105 upgrade in Memphis but that their upstream was still stuck at 10Mbps so at least a part of TN got upgraded. Middle-TN must be coming soon!

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium Member
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA

pokesph to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
Earlier I reported not seeing the commercials.. well since last week they have been showing them out here in Sacramento, CA. I've seen 2, maybe 3 versions airing on various TV/Cable networks at all different hours.

Again as others stated, no dates are given. Lets hope its soon, huh.
firehazemt
find em hot, leave em wet
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08
Pineville, LA

2 recommendations

firehazemt to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
talked to a maint. guy and he said we will be getting the speed bumbs by end of month...monroe, louisiana

MellowYo
@comcast.net

MellowYo to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian
Also, If you go to the Comcast sight the option to upgrade to extreme 50 is no longer there. Maybe implying it will be very soon?

amity
join:2013-03-16
Portland, OR

amity

Yes I can spell haha my phone auto types.

Jeremiah2305
@comcast.net

Jeremiah2305 to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Post in re reports of speed increase still future

I just saw the upgrade commercial in Tacoma,WA (30 mins from Seattle,WA) so I'm guessing the whole of the Pacific Northwest will see it by the end of March.

mg252
@comcast.net

mg252 to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

The California upgrade is supposed to occur on 03.19.13, per a rep I was dealing with today (upgraded off the old Ultra plan to Blast, had some provisioning issues the first time around...)

She didn't specify when on Tuesday, so YMMV.
utcappy
join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI

utcappy to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Still awaiting the upgrade in Battle Creek, Michigan.

Detroit has it, and 50 miles away Grand Rapids has it, just not us.
djoye
join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN

djoye to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Still waiting in Nashville.

I think I heard the advertisement on the radio within the last couple weeks of February. They just said `top two tiers` in the ad; around Nashville our top two tiers are 50Mbps and 100Mbps plans so I assume that the 100 is going to 200. Haven't seen anyone mention that around here. I know of one person with the 100Mbps plan locally so I'll be interested to see if he actually gets 200Mbps after the upgrade.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by djoye:

Still waiting in Nashville.

I think I heard the advertisement on the radio within the last couple weeks of February. They just said `top two tiers` in the ad; around Nashville our top two tiers are 50Mbps and 100Mbps plans so I assume that the 100 is going to 200. Haven't seen anyone mention that around here. I know of one person with the 100Mbps plan locally so I'll be interested to see if he actually gets 200Mbps after the upgrade.

Doubtful. But maybe. What's confirmed is after the upgrade Performance will be 25/4, Blast is 50/10 or better. And Extreme 50 is upgraded to 105/20. Existing 105/20 users got a price drop.

But as in some areas like Chicago, they ended up with 2 105/20 packages, it may be evidence that one of them will become a 200 package. (I believe it should, given the money charged a month and the sometimes ridiculous 250 install fee)

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to Oregonian

to Oregonian
I got the notice on my box a few weeks ago but still no update here in South Florida. Waiting...

5th
Armadillos
join:2009-04-28
Denver, CO

Armadillos to Oregonian

to Oregonian
Anyone know about these upgrades going in for Denver, CO?

Anonymoussss
@comcast.net

Anonymoussss to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian
California getting speed increase on 3-19-13

Washington/Oregon getting speed increase on 3-28-13

Blast (currently 25/4 Mbps) will increase to 50/10 Mbps

Extreme 50/10 Mbps will increase to 105/20 Mbps

Performance 12/2 Mbps will increase to 25/4 Mbps

Anon Name
@comcast.net

Anon Name to Armadillos

Anon

to Armadillos
I would power cycle your modems on the 19th/20th.

swilliams
join:1999-09-07
Littleton, CO

swilliams

said by Anon Name :

I would power cycle your modems on the 19th/20th.

WOO-HOO!!!!
ViPaDawG
join:2003-08-06
Renton, WA

ViPaDawG to Anonymoussss

to Anonymoussss
any word on TX?