Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

uraizen

join:2009-02-21
Orlando, FL
reply to Oregonian

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

No speed increase yet in Orlando, FL. Guess we're considered part of North Florida.

indy88

join:2012-09-18
Boca Raton, FL
reply to Oregonian

Spoke with Comcast this morning & was told that my Performance tier would go from 15/2 to 25/4 on April 1. I hope this isn't a April fools joke from Comcast. I live in Palm Beach county FL, 33428.

Papageno

join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR
reply to Oregonian

I'm getting Performance at about 16/2 right now in north Portland, so I'm a little bummed that in the near term (next week) the download speed is only going to 20, per a post above. Better than a poke in the eye as they say, but still (and BTW it contradicts what appears for Performance on Comcast's page for Portland, which is 25). Time will tell, I suppose

jeremiah2305

join:2013-03-21
Tacoma, WA

said by Papageno:

I'm getting Performance at about 16/2 right now in north Portland, so I'm a little bummed that in the near term (next week) the download speed is only going to 20, per a post above. Better than a poke in the eye as they say, but still (and BTW it contradicts what appears for Performance on Comcast's page for Portland, which is 25). Time will tell, I suppose

It will be going upgraded to 25/5 some time in early April. It will have the same speed Blast used to have, don't worry.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to Papageno

said by Papageno:

I... I'm a little bummed that in the near term (next week) the download speed is only going to 20, per a post above.

Time will tell, yes, IMO. I read the post to which you are referring and was puzzled because it contradicted that which I had been told before that. See my post here ---> »Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

I suppose it is possible both those people could be correct. Given the post following yours, from jeremiah2305 See Profile, it occurs to me the Performance customers in the PacNW area may get 20/4 at first until something is done by early April to make 25/5 possible. If so, I suppose they could hold off on any upgrade for Performance customers until April, but may have opted to give a lesser increase on the 28th and then another upgrade in April?
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

rseiler

join:2001-11-01

said by sortofageek:

I suppose it is possible both those people could be correct. Given the post following yours, from jeremiah2305 See Profile, it occurs to me the Performance customers in the PacNW area may get 20/4 at first until something is done by early April to make 25/5 possible.

Or what if PowerBoost isn't going away in all areas, and that's what the 25 represents in PDX? Just yesterday, I was speaking with Comcast billing on an unrelated matter, and at the end of the conversation she brought up the subject of the imminent speed increase to 20 (25 with Powerboost). I mentioned that was surprising, since I'd heard that Powerboost was going away. She said it wasn't. She might have been out of the loop, but it's a bit of a coincidence.

djoye

join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN
reply to Oregonian

Still nothing around Nashville, TN. Is no one from TN looking at this thread!?

I HEARD THE COMMERCIALS IN FEBRUARY, I WANT MY DAMN UPGRADE@!# I'm about ready to start kicking in chairs and knocking down tables!@#!@#$@%

OK, I'm gonna chill out for one more week.
--
Zoom 5341

xfinitywins

@comcast.net

colorado, arizona, utah, oregon and washington:

performance 20/4

california, houston, minnesota, kansas:

performance 25/5

all states listed above:
blast 50/10
extreme 105/20

if you were already an extreme subscriber your speed will not double but your price will be reduced to the old 50/10 price

unfortunately i have no information on states not listed above. some cities listed in the states above may have different rates of speed but will only account for a small percentage for the overall cities affected.

these changes SHOULD be complete for all areas listed above by 3/31, but as with anything in life, nothing is ever certain.

you're welcome

PTRnull

@comcast.net
reply to Oregonian

Portland, OR here.

Got this email today:

XFINITY® Internet

The fastest is about to get faster.

XFINITY® Internet will be doubling the speeds on two of our most popular Internet plans. That’s more speed so everyone can get online and do more on their devices all at the same time.

Stay tuned for more details

Expand your moderator at work

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to Oregonian

Click for full size
Click for full size
I wanted to check to see if there was any information as to when the Performance speed changes were going to take place in the Chicagoland area, specifically for Elgin/Algonquin/Carpentersville, IL.

I ask as I upgraded my version of pfsense, and in the process, I powered off / on my cable modem.

Below is my results from ShaperProbe
DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 80.239.142.215.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 9994 Kbps.
Downstream: 19235 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 3429-3712 KB;
Shaping rate: 2128 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 9581-9745 KB;
Shaping rate: 15978 Kbps.

For more information, visit: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe

I do think something is amiss, as the two pics above are from speed test sites. Pic #1 comes from speedtest.net, and Pic #2 comes from Comcast's IPv6 Speedtest site. While I believe the download, I don't feel my upload is what it says it is, even thought that would be nice! :)

--Brian

--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to PTRnull

No email for me yet but yours sounds promising.

Hopefully we will enjoy our speed upgrades this week (3/28).

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium
join:2009-01-17
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Oregonian

Got an email this morning (Aurora, CO)

XFINITY® Internet will be doubling the speeds on two of our most popular Internet plans. That’s more speed so everyone can get online and do more on their devices all at the same time.
Stay tuned for more details.

SO.... I decided to treat myself to a little upgrade from Blast 20/4 to Extreme 50/10 TODAY, so that next week I'll get a nice little free bump to 105/20 :D

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 4477 Kbps.
Downstream: 61464 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 10583-10639 KB;
Shaping rate: 2912 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 21061-21565 KB;
Shaping rate: 53237 Kbps.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but this awesome. I've never had internet this fast before! and it's about to DOUBLE!! Thanks comcast.
Expand your moderator at work

hts

@comcast.net
reply to Andrew T

Re: [Speed] Post here about reports of speed increase coming

Savannah Upgrades are
Performance 15m to 25m (Old Blast!)
Blast! 25m to 50m (Old Extreme 50) If you have Blast now and do not have a DOCSIS 3 Modem, you will have to upgrade your modem.
Extreme 50 50m to 105m (Old Extreme 105)
Extreme 105 No Change in Speed, but your rate will go down to the Extreme 50 Rate.

I don't know how much Powerboost will increase if at all.

Hope this helps

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to Oregonian

I got the generic Xfinity "watch this space" email a few days ago, but haven't seen anything yet. What's interesting is that when I first had service fired up about 9 months ago, I was seeing 63/6 with a brand new SB6121. Blew the installer away - said he hadn't seen one of those modems before or those kinds of speeds.

About a month later, it dropped back to 55/9 which was in line with what I was expecting. There were a few periods where it dropped to 35/5, with no obvious config file changes, but up until a few weeks ago its been pretty solid around 50/9.

Then when the latest .10 firmware got pushed, I saw a new bootfile and it dropped back to 35/5 where it has stayed.

Papageno

Portland, OR
reply to Oregonian

Can I ask yet again to what address these notification emails are being sent? I've asked about three times in a couple of threads and no one has been forthcoming. Is it the email accessible through the customer.comcast.com site?

travelguy

Santa Fe, NM

Mine came to my preferred Comcast email address, which is not a Comcast address. What do you have set in your profile?

Papageno

Portland, OR

Honestly I don't know. Gonna have to check at home where I'm not "websensed."
I'm a little unhappy that for now, we're going to get 20 for Perfomance here in Oregon (although supposedly it'll go up to 25 sometime in April, per jeremiah2305).

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

(topic move) [OT] Cloud Backups

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 2 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[OT] Cloud Backups

Sav upgrade

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to hts

Re: [Speed] Post here about reports of speed increase coming

said by hts :

Savannah Upgrades are
Performance 15m to 25m (Old Blast!)

That's a relief. I called about a week ago on an unrelated matter and decided to ask. The rep couldn't find any information on Performance getting upgraded, only Blast and above, so that's good to know. Is there a date for Savannah's upgrades, performance package specifically?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Papageno

Yes it will be addressed to the comcast.net email account of the "Primary account" just like all Official comcast emails about account matters (alerts).
It is easy to setup forwarding to another outside account, and I recommend you use that primary address ONLY for comast official mail to avoid spamming your other account.

Big Hurt

join:2004-02-26
Battle Creek, MI
reply to Oregonian

Still nothing here in Springfield, MI. I'm hoping it happens soon.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Oregonian

»www.startribune.com/business/199960991.html

Local paper confirms tomorrow March 26 Twin Cities will be upgrading to higher speeds

utcappy

join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI
reply to Big Hurt

Same here, March 6th rolled around and I reset my modem every few hours.. 3 weeks later were still waiting. Ill be sure to post as soon as it comes.
~Battle Creek, Michigan.

whdoka

join:2000-12-26
Knoxville, TN
reply to Oregonian

Local paper says next week for Knoxville, TN area and beyond.

»www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/mar/2···-speeds/

djoye

join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN

1 edit

Those jerks said "March", I'm suing for false advertising!

Thanks for the info.

edit: Looks like that article was from March 23 so maybe "next week" means this week.

--
Zoom 5341

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to THZNDUP

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

said by THZNDUP:

Reboot your modem.

There are pretty widespread reports from Fresno to Sacramento in the Central Valley and from the Bay Area to the foothills, and in Northwestern California aka the North Coast.

»[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her

The last page may reflect some locations Johkal See Profile hasn't gotten to yet.

Added a part of CA
--
»:/www.nwprailroad.com
»www.nwprr.net
»www.skunktrain.com
»www.amtrak.com
»www.amtrakcalifornia.com
»www.up.com
»www.bnsf.com

jared524

join:2008-06-26
Union Grove, AL
reply to Oregonian

What about Blast Plus speeds? I got in on the promo that was $40 (+ $7 modem rental) which included Blast Plus (30/6) and a handful of TV channels. Will there be a speed increase for that package?

travelguy

Santa Fe, NM

said by jared524:

What about Blast Plus speeds? I got in on the promo that was $40 (+ $7 modem rental) which included Blast Plus (30/6) and a handful of TV channels. Will there be a speed increase for that package?

BlastPlus is just a billing package of Blast and Digital Economy TV. Any changes to the Blast package should eventually work your way.