share rss forum feed

Sav upgrade

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to hts

Re: [Speed] Post here about reports of speed increase coming

said by hts :

Savannah Upgrades are
Performance 15m to 25m (Old Blast!)

That's a relief. I called about a week ago on an unrelated matter and decided to ask. The rep couldn't find any information on Performance getting upgraded, only Blast and above, so that's good to know. Is there a date for Savannah's upgrades, performance package specifically?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Papageno

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

Yes it will be addressed to the comcast.net email account of the "Primary account" just like all Official comcast emails about account matters (alerts).
It is easy to setup forwarding to another outside account, and I recommend you use that primary address ONLY for comast official mail to avoid spamming your other account.

Big Hurt

join:2004-02-26
Battle Creek, MI
reply to Oregonian

Still nothing here in Springfield, MI. I'm hoping it happens soon.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Oregonian

»www.startribune.com/business/199960991.html

Local paper confirms tomorrow March 26 Twin Cities will be upgrading to higher speeds

utcappy

join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI
reply to Big Hurt

Same here, March 6th rolled around and I reset my modem every few hours.. 3 weeks later were still waiting. Ill be sure to post as soon as it comes.
~Battle Creek, Michigan.

whdoka

join:2000-12-26
Knoxville, TN
reply to Oregonian

Local paper says next week for Knoxville, TN area and beyond.

»www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/mar/2···-speeds/

djoye

join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN

1 edit

Those jerks said "March", I'm suing for false advertising!

Thanks for the info.

edit: Looks like that article was from March 23 so maybe "next week" means this week.

--
Zoom 5341

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to THZNDUP

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

said by THZNDUP:

Reboot your modem.

There are pretty widespread reports from Fresno to Sacramento in the Central Valley and from the Bay Area to the foothills, and in Northwestern California aka the North Coast.

»[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her

The last page may reflect some locations Johkal See Profile hasn't gotten to yet.

Added a part of CA
--
»:/www.nwprailroad.com
»www.nwprr.net
»www.skunktrain.com
»www.amtrak.com
»www.amtrakcalifornia.com
»www.up.com
»www.bnsf.com

jared524

join:2008-06-26
Union Grove, AL
reply to Oregonian

What about Blast Plus speeds? I got in on the promo that was $40 (+ $7 modem rental) which included Blast Plus (30/6) and a handful of TV channels. Will there be a speed increase for that package?

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM

said by jared524:

What about Blast Plus speeds? I got in on the promo that was $40 (+ $7 modem rental) which included Blast Plus (30/6) and a handful of TV channels. Will there be a speed increase for that package?

BlastPlus is just a billing package of Blast and Digital Economy TV. Any changes to the Blast package should eventually work your way.

Papageno

join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR
reply to Oregonian

I just checked my Comcast email address, which, weirdly, tells me I have 40+ unread messages, yet shows me only 4, all from 2011, when I click on "view entire inbox." Be that as it may, there is no notification of a speed increase there yet.

I also checked with Shaperprobe .exe and no change there--a bit under 16 Mbps down, a bit over 2 Mbps up. Do the notifications come the same day as the upgrade?

kucharsk

join:2001-03-30
Louisville, CO
reply to Oregonian

My latest call to Comcast has them stating the Louisville/Lafayette/Boulder, CO area speed boost is scheduled for March 28.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Papageno

said by Papageno:

Do the notifications come the same day as the upgrade?

I think that the notifications are a very hit and miss thing. Some people seem to get them but I don't recall ever receiving any in my Comcast email. I have received the occasional "Comcast is hiring" or other promotional messages on my DVR.

Hopefully we will wake up day after tomorrow and our speed increases will have arrived with or without the emails telling us about them.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2
reply to Papageno

As Oregonian See Profile mentioned, notification is hit or miss. The email notification showed up here 5 days after the actual increase. Guess they wanted to be sure it worked.

STB messages here are few and far between, usually for PPV fights and obscure channel changes. Nothing for the increase.
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

mike7775

@comcast.net
reply to Oregonian

Still at 25mbps here in Arkansas, just did a Modem reset again about 10 minutes ago. (I was hoping that when they did the speed upgrade in TN today that it was gonna be here as well)

Anyone heard anything about Arkansas when its supposed to be getting the upgrade if at all?

Wayne99021
Premium
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

I keep seeing reference to OR. and WA. getting the speed upgrade on the 28th.
Two Comcast techs. told me sometime this week for eastern Washington, but the ladies at the Comcast office know nothing about it and only heard California and the North East US was getting the faster speeds.
Very weird with all that's been said about it for the last month and they don't have a clue.
Just like to know when to start re-booting my modem.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

Enough people I know to be in a position to know the plans have said the 28th for me to believe that is the plan. I worked enough years in IT to know plans can change, too, so I'll not be holding my breath. It will happen when it happens.

While I might consider power cycling my modem when people in my area start claiming the upgrade is here, I usually just wait for Comcast to push that from their end. I think it will be nice to have the upgrade for those times when I need the speed, but I don't think it will be an immediately life-changing thing for me.

I can't imagine sitting here power cycling my modem repeatedly, but that's just me.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Wayne99021
Premium
Mead, WA

Thanks Sortofageek.
My speed now works fine for me too and probably don't really need anymore, but like most people more is better especially at no cost.
The only time I really need any more is when I sling the Seahawks games to my son.
I will just boot my modem when I get back Monday and see what comes up.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

I understand. It's kind of like, when driving on the freeway, all the cars tend to bunch up together. Not that we'll get there faster, really, and we usually need to speed to get into the bunch. And yet, once aware of this, it is really, really, really hard not to keep trying to get into that bunch, even though it would be safer to space out between cars.

We humans can do odd things sometimes.
--

Wayne99021
Premium
Mead, WA

Totally agree.

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09
reply to Oregonian

Looks like Seattle is going live with the speed upgrade

At least with the upload. I just rebooted my modem & noticed the upload is speed is higher, but download is about the same that I had before

»stage.results.speedtest.comcast.···0182.png

jeremiah2305

join:2013-03-21
Tacoma, WA

1 edit

said by TheMayor:

At least with the upload. I just rebooted my modem & noticed the upload is speed is higher, but download is about the same that I had before

The major cities of the I-5 corridor(WA-CA) should of got the update as I'm in Tacoma and got it.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

3 edits

said by jeremiah2305:

said by TheMayor:

The whole of the I-5/UP RR/CO&P RR corridor(WA-CA) should of got the update as I'm in Tacoma and got it.

Not all of it, Williams, Maxwell and Arbuckle in Colusa County, CA aren't getting the upgrades-

»www.prnewswire.com/news-releases···021.html

Myself, I'm on US 101 and the NWP RR here in Redwood Valley (Mendocino County) in NW CA, and have the upgrades.

Edit-Also, Redding and it's suburbs aren't Comcast, they are on Charter.
--
»www.nwprailroad.com
»www.nwprr.net
»www.skunktrain.com
»www.amtrak.com
»www.amtrakcalifornia.com
»www.up.com
»www.bnsf.com

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to Oregonian

Reminder: This is the NOT HERE YET thread. There is another stickied thread for upgrade received.
--

Expand your moderator at work

jared524

join:2008-06-26
Union Grove, AL
reply to travelguy

said by travelguy:

BlastPlus is just a billing package of Blast and Digital Economy TV. Any changes to the Blast package should eventually work your way.

I figured as much but in my area the Blast Plus speed was advertised as 30Mbps and Blast was 2Mbps. However I can confirm I'm now getting 60+Mbps tonight in Hustville, AL so I did get the bump.

Theoryz

join:2011-04-19
Bronx, NY
reply to Oregonian

When is the Jacksonville, FL area suppose to be getting Performance upgrades?

Still havent seen any here yet

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA
reply to Oregonian

Seems like I got the bump in upload speed, but not download.

Is the S-A dpc2100r2 Modem from comcast capable of the speeds? Or do I need to ask for a new modem?

Name

@mycingular.net

said by rideboarder:

Seems like I got the bump in upload speed, but not download.

Is the S-A dpc2100r2 Modem from comcast capable of the speeds? Or do I need to ask for a new modem?

If you subscribe to blast then you'll definitely want to get a docsis 3.0 modem. Because the one you have is a docsis 2.0 I believe.

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA

I should've probably included that! I'm on Performance. But it appears everything is OK now. Shaper Probe gave me this info:
Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 4548 Kbps.
Downstream: 22504 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 4442 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 22064 Kbps.

So I think my upgrade is complete now.