how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mg252

@comcast.net
reply to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

The California upgrade is supposed to occur on 03.19.13, per a rep I was dealing with today (upgraded off the old Ultra plan to Blast, had some provisioning issues the first time around...)

She didn't specify when on Tuesday, so YMMV.

utcappy

join:2005-02-28
Hastings, MI
reply to Oregonian

Still awaiting the upgrade in Battle Creek, Michigan.

Detroit has it, and 50 miles away Grand Rapids has it, just not us.

djoye

join:2009-08-15
Murfreesboro, TN
reply to Oregonian

Still waiting in Nashville.

I think I heard the advertisement on the radio within the last couple weeks of February. They just said `top two tiers` in the ad; around Nashville our top two tiers are 50Mbps and 100Mbps plans so I assume that the 100 is going to 200. Haven't seen anyone mention that around here. I know of one person with the 100Mbps plan locally so I'll be interested to see if he actually gets 200Mbps after the upgrade.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by djoye:

Still waiting in Nashville.

I think I heard the advertisement on the radio within the last couple weeks of February. They just said `top two tiers` in the ad; around Nashville our top two tiers are 50Mbps and 100Mbps plans so I assume that the 100 is going to 200. Haven't seen anyone mention that around here. I know of one person with the 100Mbps plan locally so I'll be interested to see if he actually gets 200Mbps after the upgrade.

Doubtful. But maybe. What's confirmed is after the upgrade Performance will be 25/4, Blast is 50/10 or better. And Extreme 50 is upgraded to 105/20. Existing 105/20 users got a price drop.

But as in some areas like Chicago, they ended up with 2 105/20 packages, it may be evidence that one of them will become a 200 package. (I believe it should, given the money charged a month and the sometimes ridiculous 250 install fee)

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Oregonian

I got the notice on my box a few weeks ago but still no update here in South Florida. Waiting...

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Armadillos

join:2009-04-28
Denver, CO
reply to Oregonian

Anyone know about these upgrades going in for Denver, CO?

Anonymoussss

@comcast.net
reply to Oregonian

California getting speed increase on 3-19-13

Washington/Oregon getting speed increase on 3-28-13

Blast (currently 25/4 Mbps) will increase to 50/10 Mbps

Extreme 50/10 Mbps will increase to 105/20 Mbps

Performance 12/2 Mbps will increase to 25/4 Mbps

Anon Name

@comcast.net
reply to Armadillos

I would power cycle your modems on the 19th/20th.

swilliams

join:1999-09-07
Littleton, CO

said by Anon Name :

I would power cycle your modems on the 19th/20th.

WOO-HOO!!!!
--
You can't walk a straight line girl... if you're wearin crooked shoes

ViPaDawG

join:2003-08-06
Spring, TX
reply to Anonymoussss

any word on TX?

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to Anonymoussss

3/28 works for me. Hope that is correct.

elkido122

join:2011-02-23
Folsom, CA

So what if we're still on the ultra tier? What' option is there for us

Oregonian
Premium
West Linn, OR

I believe you can downgrade to the Blast! tier and then get the speed upgrade for free. Since Ultra is no longer being offered I don't think it is being upgraded.

gooma2

@comcast.net
reply to elkido122

Even if you're on the ultra tier you'll still get the speed increase. we're on Extreme 50 and found out from Comcast that by March 31 that will be increased to 105/20.

Oddly enough, if you contact the online support at Comcast they won't tell you this but will say you have to pay for upgrade and installation but if you call them, it's a whole different story. Comcast is using third party services for online chat that aren't in the loop. Calling them directly is best bet for accurate info. Hard to believe that Comcast is actually upgrading customers without trying to bilk out more money!

doug baker

@comcast.net

Saw the ad in Colorado.; again no date promised.
anyone have a date for Colorado? I am in Fort Collins

swilliams

join:1999-09-07
Littleton, CO

said by doug baker :

Saw the ad in Colorado.; again no date promised.
anyone have a date for Colorado? I am in Fort Collins

A few posts above you in this thread says tomorrow and/or Wednesday for Denver. Unsure if it's the entire region for us or just the city.
--
You can't walk a straight line girl... if you're wearin crooked shoes

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Anonymoussss

said by Anonymoussss :

California getting speed increase on 3-19-13

Washington/Oregon getting speed increase on 3-28-13

Blast (currently 25/4 Mbps) will increase to 50/10 Mbps

Extreme 50/10 Mbps will increase to 105/20 Mbps

Performance 12/2 Mbps will increase to 25/4 Mbps

Does that mean I'm getting upgraded to 25/4 tomorrow? I thought it wouldn't be upgraded til May.

Oregonian
Premium
West Linn, OR

What that means is that someone named Anonymoussss says that you will be getting a speed increase tomorrow. Post back and let us know if it happens.

Papageno

join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Yeah, I'd be extremely gratified to have that speed boost at the end of the month, but I'd like to see some official confirmation here soon. Where are the people receiving notices actually receiving them, btw? In an email? To what address (to the one that comes with the service, which I seldom if ever check?)?

Oregonian
Premium
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

I think some get them in their bill and some get a message on their DVR. Me, I've never seen a useful message on my DVR -- just ads for sales jobs at Comcast, etc. and I don't read my bill so wouldn't see those.

If Madtown See Profile actually gets upgraded tomorrow as said by Anonymoussss then I will have some hope we will see upgrades in Oregon by the end of the month.

anonymouss

@comcast.net
reply to doug baker

3-28-13

ReignOfRain

join:2012-11-02
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to FifthE1ement

said by FifthE1ement:

I got the notice on my box a few weeks ago but still no update here in South Florida. Waiting...

Haven't heard anything here yet in WPB. I wonder when we'll be getting it.

KingKuei6

join:2002-11-18
Union City, CA
reply to gooma2

said by gooma2 :

Even if you're on the ultra tier you'll still get the speed increase.

That's interesting. Ultra tier in the SF East Bay runs $78/month if you have your own modem. But if it's going to be the same speed as Blast! for just $60/month, it seems like it'd be a bad deal to keep the Ultra tier anyway!

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to ReignOfRain

said by ReignOfRain:

said by FifthE1ement:

Haven't heard anything here yet in WPB. I wonder when we'll be getting it.

Here is my info from another post I made:

[Speed] Speed Increase - South Florida
Since the other thread about Comcast's recent speed increases is locked and gone I thought I would create one for South Florida (West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and the surrounding cities). According to DSLR.net's Insider (link below) the update for us (South Florida) won't be until March 21st for Extreme & Blast users but perhaps later in April or May for "normal" Performance users. But you never know and maybe some will get it sooner (or hopefully not later anyway). There is also a new 300 Mbps tier which is mainly aimed at businesses, and is very expensive to boot, but is still very awesome!

Also with these updates is the fact that PowerBoost will be coming to an end. Even so many will miss that short burst of future speed happiness that we have all become accustomed too. But speeds are becoming so fast now that it makes PowerBoost almost irrelevant. So reboot your modems and routers and check to see if you have it (so I don't have to, lol)! And share your current speeds and plan info!

Speed Tier Changes:

Performance: 16(12)/2 Mbps to 25/4 Mbps
Blast/Ultra: 25/4 Mbps to 50/10 Mbps
Extreme: 50/10 Mbps to 105/20 Mbps

Note: Most users who don't know what tier they are on are usually on Performance, which is basically the standard unless you pay more. Also it's been said that Performance tier users won't see the boost until April or May. Current Extreme 105/20 Mbps tier users will have their price lowered to the Extreme 50/10 Mbps price point.

Check Your Speed and Share:

Speed Test & PowerBoost Checker:

»www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffpr···obe.html

Comcast's Own Xfinity Speed Test Site:

»speedtest.comcast.net/

The popular SpeedTest.net Speed Test Site:

»www.speedtest.net/

More Info from Insider:

»Insider Gives Us Comcast's March Speed Upgrade Schedule
»Source: New Comcast Speeds Arrive For Most in March
»Here's Comcast's Coming Speed, Pricing Lineup

All Area Update Schedules:

Chicago: March 5

Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky: March 6

South Florida: March 21

Georgia & North Florida: March 27

Enjoy & Happy Hunting!

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Oregonian

said by Oregonian:

I think some get them in their bill and some get a message on their DVR. Me, I've never seen a useful message on my DVR -- just ads for sales jobs at Comcast, etc. and I don't read my bill so wouldn't see those.

If Madtown See Profile actually gets upgraded tomorrow as said by Anonymoussss then I will have some hope we will see upgrades in Oregon by the end of the month.

I will post here if I get it or not. I will check my CC e-mail acct 4rm time 2 time.

Anonymouss

@comcast.net
reply to Madtown

Performance tier will be getting a speed increase later

Your name

@comcast.net
reply to ViPaDawG

Texas should get speed increase on 3-21-13

Your name

@comcast.net
reply to elkido122

Your price should drop to current Extreme 50 pricing

ViPaDawG

join:2003-08-06
Spring, TX
reply to Your name

Thanks stranger on forum. Fingers crossed for the 21st!

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Anonymouss

said by Anonymouss :

Performance tier will be getting a speed increase later

Do you know what time today?