join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase still future

said by Madtown:

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 6272.png

DL speed is slow, but UL speed is faster now. Not sure why that is. I rebooted my modem twice.

What modem and router are you using?

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

1 edit

Ultibeam to Madtown

to Madtown
said by Madtown:

DL speed is slow, but UL speed is faster now. Not sure why that is. I rebooted my modem twice.

Are you running any antivirus programs? Here's a similar account of slow download speed because of "Avast!."

»[Speed] Not getting full download speed
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
said by Oregonian:

said by Madtown:

SB6121 and WNDR3700

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Talked to two Comcast techs that were doing some work up the road and they were told the upgrade for eastern Washington would be anytime between the 22nd and 29th of March.
That's a pretty big window so guess they didn't want to get it wrong.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to Oregonian

to Oregonian
said by DJboutit:

Comcast Person Came To Door To Tell Us About Upgrade
Just had a Comcast guy come to my door here in Houston and tell us that our internet speed is gonna double in the near future this is great news. I have seen need Comcast commercials on tv in the last 2 weeks about internet speed doubling for most packages I hope within 90 days I see the speed increase

Lol, I kept thinking he came to rob your house and when you answered the door that was the first thing he could think of to tell you why he was knocking, lol. He must be a DSLR reader!

5th

infodriveway
join:2010-03-18
Bellingham, WA

infodriveway to Wayne99021

to Wayne99021
I heard Bellingham, WA was getting the speed increases in March. Cutting it a bit close, aren’t they?
Expand your moderator at work

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

1 recommendation

Wayne99021 to infodriveway

Premium Member

to infodriveway

Yes. a little thin.
I believe all of WA. and OR. will get the upgrades the same time if it's like past upgrades.
I think about the speed I had with Comcast 11 years ago and the price I was paying. Now getting 50/10 turns out to be a real big bargain no matter how much some people piss and moan about the price and service.
donkeywaffle
Serf
join:2000-09-25
Winchester, VA

donkeywaffle to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: [Speed] Post reports of speed increase not yet received

No speed increase yet in Winchester, VA
Only thing increasing is my bill.

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown

said by Madtown:

said by Oregonian:

said by Madtown:

SB6121 and WNDR3700

Well, I don't think that those should have any trouble handling the higher speeds so you may need to look elsewhere for the source of your slow download. Can you post a screenshot of your modem's power levels?
Oregonian

Oregonian to Wayne99021

Premium Member

to Wayne99021
said by Wayne99021:

I think about the speed I had with Comcast 11 years ago and the price I was paying. Now getting 50/10 turns out to be a real big bargain no matter how much some people piss and moan about the price and service.

Well said. Comcast should get some credit for this round of no charge upgrades. But, hey, Comcast is a utility and most people don't seem to like utilities no matter how good the service.
raffoutroud
join:2010-03-31
Lynnwood, WA

raffoutroud to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Effective by end of March 2013 in all markets, Comcast will increase:

• Performance customers in California, Houston and Twin Cities with up to 25Mbps download /5Mbps upload (previously 15Mbps/2Mbps)—a 66% increase
• Performance customers in the remaining West Div regions with up to 20Mbps download /4Mbps upload (previously 15Mbps/2Mbps)—a 33% increase
• Blast! customers will have their speeds doubled with up to 50Mbps download/10Mbps upload (previously 25Mbps/4Mbps)
• Extreme 50 customers will more than double speeds to receive up to 105Mbps download /20Mbps upload (previously 50Mbps/15Mbps) and their service tier will be renamed to Extreme 105

The rolling launch for the new Performance, Blast! and Extreme 50 tier speeds in the West Division are as follows:
• California – March 19, 2013
• Houston – March 21, 2013
• Twin Cities – March 26, 2013
• Mile High, Mountain, Oregon and Seattle – March 28, 2013
*Performance tier is scheduled for an additional speed increase in the Mile High, Mountain, Oregon and Seattle markets at a later date in 2013.

infodriveway
join:2010-03-18
Bellingham, WA

infodriveway to Wayne99021

to Wayne99021

said by Wayne99021:

Now getting 50/10 turns out to be a real big bargain no matter how much some people piss and moan about the price and service.

Yes! We can complain about overall lack of real competition, slower speeds, and higher prices in the US HSI market, but Comcast is definitely not that bad.
loveageek
Premium Member
join:2009-07-10
Clackamas, OR

loveageek to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian

Think the business class customers are gonna see a speed increase? Anyone know?
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew to Oregonian

to Oregonian

said by Oregonian:

said by Wayne99021:

Well said. Comcast should get some credit for this round of no charge upgrades. But, hey, Comcast is a utility and most people don't seem to like utilities no matter how good the service.

I've always thought Comcast seemed a little expensive for what you got unless you were constantly on their case for promotions. Now with the bumps in speed I feel like I'm actually getting an decent value. First time in a long time that I'm not irritated at Comcast every time the name pops into my head.

Personally, I like my water, gas, and electric utilities. I pay them $x/unit and they give me service. The cost per unit never changes. My Comcast bill on the other hand changes more often than the season.
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian

Click for full size

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Well, those numbers look reasonable to me. I don't see how they could be causing a slow download.

Are you connected to the router wired or wireless? Wireless would typically be slower.

Other than that I am running out of ideas.
Shinrin
join:2013-02-28
Gadsden, AL

Shinrin to Oregonian

to Oregonian
So far, we have not gotten them here. but the recent storms could have delayed them as they've been working to get tons of customers back on the net. We just our internet back on about 4 and half hours ago.
MikePWV
join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

MikePWV to donkeywaffle

to donkeywaffle
We don't have the new speeds in Martinsburg, WV either. I get about 35Mbps dl / 5Mbps ul here.. I just noticed a couple days ago when i rebooted my modem that i'm now getting bonded upstream channels so now i'm at 4 downstream channels and 2 upstream so hopefully they are gonna give the new speeds soon.
Madtown
Premium Member
93637-2905

Madtown to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
said by Oregonian:

Well, those numbers look reasonable to me. I don't see how they could be causing a slow download.

Are you connected to the router wired or wireless? Wireless would typically be slower.

Wireless. But I've never had any problems before the upgrade, it was fine b4 I rebooted the modem.
DJboutit
join:2009-12-10
Columbia, MO

DJboutit to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades still coming

I just asked to be upgrade to blast here in Houston about 9hrs ago and I just rest my modem no upgrade to 50/10 yet. Maybe I have not gotten blast fully upgrade yet. Online rep said the upgrade to blast would take 24hrs max I hoping in 6 to 10 hrs I get the full upgrade

Name
@comcast.net

Name

Anon

said by DJboutit:

I just asked to be upgrade to blast here in Houston about 9hrs ago and I just rest my modem no upgrade to 50/10 yet. Maybe I have not gotten blast fully upgrade yet. Online rep said the upgrade to blast would take 24hrs max I hoping in 6 to 10 hrs I get the full upgrade

Your faster speed should take effect on 3-21-13. Don't forget to reset your modem.

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown

said by Madtown:

said by Oregonian:

Wireless. But I've never had any problems before the upgrade, it was fine b4 I rebooted the modem.

Sorry but I am officially out of suggestions.

If you are still experiencing a low download speed, you might want to create a new post in this forum with the information you provided me to see if anyone else has any suggestions for you. Good luck.
rseiler
join:2001-11-01

rseiler to raffoutroud

to raffoutroud
said by raffoutroud:

Effective by end of March 2013 in all markets, Comcast will increase:

• Performance customers in California, Houston and Twin Cities with up to 25Mbps download /5Mbps upload (previously 15Mbps/2Mbps)—a 66% increase
• Performance customers in the remaining West Div regions with up to 20Mbps download /4Mbps upload (previously 15Mbps/2Mbps)—a 33% increase

They say 15, I say 16, but that aside, what's behind the PNW being rooked out of 5Mbps? I know some in other parts of the country had only 12Mbps for Performance while we had 16, so I expected that we would continue to fall on the high side. Not this time.

Is CA's Performance price more expensive?

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Oregonian

to Oregonian

Re: Post info here about speed upgrades predicted/not here yet

If you posted info in this thread about having received the speed upgrade and wonder why it disappeared, that is because this is the wrong topic. Please, if you want to tell us you did receive the upgrade, please do that here ---> »[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her