All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug to geokilla

to geokilla

More than fair $5 Cost for Rogers Speed Change.

I think even $10 or $15 would be fair, to be honest. If the mandated charge is $5 for Rogers, then TSI is essentially doing this for free at $5.

It's good that others are doing this for free though. Competition is good, to keep TSI's fee down at $5, which to me is pretty much inconsequential. Seriously, how many times a year would you plan on changing the speed? Even if twice a year, that still works out to less than $1 per month.

If you really want to change your speed 10X per year, there are other options, but I would guess some of those options would get pretty irritated with you as a customer after a while.

Mountie
@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Mountie

Anon

Really? Its $5. I spend more on a coffee sometimes. I even used to spend the same on a Foot long sub as Subway.
This about this. Minimum wage is $10.25 in Ontario.
You have to call in to make the change. Someone will answer the phone and have to make that change for you. Do you think that person works for free? Who do you think pays them to make the switch for you?
Do you also think they sit in there own home with the lights off and no internet connection?
Who pays the building fees?
Who pays the Phone bill?
Who pays the Internet?
I could go on and on about this but I will end here.
Suck it up. Pay the $5 and move on.
Or don't pay the $5 and keep your current package. I for one will gladly pay the low price of $5.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to Eug

Premium Member

to Eug
said by Eug:

I think even $10 or $15 would be fair, to be honest. If the mandated charge is $5 for Rogers, then TSI is essentially doing this for free at $5.

It's good that others are doing this for free though. Competition is good, to keep TSI's fee down at $5, which to me is pretty much inconsequential. Seriously, how many times a year would you plan on changing the speed? Even if twice a year, that still works out to less than $1 per month.

If you really want to change your speed 10X per year, there are other options, but I would guess some of those options would get pretty irritated with you as a customer after a while.

+1.

Without TekSavvy Canadian Internet access would be in a hell of state.

As my wife says, paying TekSavvy for Internet access is as much about getting access to the Internet as it is about paying someone to make sure we -can- get access to the Internet.

Rogers, I'm quite sure, would be happy to sell us a "lite" version of the Internet, sans streaming video, P2P and VoIP. Companies like TekSavvy have helped keep that commercially unviable.

If TekSavvy wants to earn a profit on the change fee I'm happy to pay it should I choose to change tiers. Passing the $5 cost on means they're spending time and effort for no reward... and -that- would actually be "unfair".

Consider the alternatives.