how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Linus does a 'real world' show down of the 8350 and 3570k

Both overclocked, the 8350 is clocked at 4.6ghz, 3570k is 4.2ghz. GPU is a 660ti. Games are not maxed, no AA since he doesn't like it because of input lag, so its a bit more of a 'real world' comparison I guess.

the i5 wins most of the time, the 8350 preforms similar to it in a good number of games and wins in bf3 by 3fps.

IF the game developers start making everything use all 8 cores I can see the 8350 pulling a head of the 3570k, but if they don't it wont. Since the ps4 has 8 cores I can see it happening, unless the nextbox only has 4 in which case I doubt it. Plus this( »www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards···ard.html ) is the only am3+ mobo I know of that supports pcie 3.0, while all the z77 lga 1155 that the 3570k uses support pcie 3.0. That will most likely affect useful life of the mobo/cpu. especially for multiple card users..

if you don't want to watch the video here is a link, that they put up, to download a slide show of the results. »docs.google.com/file/d/0B2LKAgEk···it?pli=1

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVeN6WEGgg

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

said by me1212:

Both overclocked, the 8350 is clocked at 4.6ghz, 3570k is 4.2ghz. GPU is a 660ti. Games are not maxed, no AA since he doesn't like it because of input lag, so its a bit more of a 'real world' comparison I guess.

Why would they not clock them both the same to make a comparison?

said by me1212:

IF the game developers start making everything use all 8 cores I can see the 8350 pulling a head of the 3570k, but if they don't it wont. Since the ps4 has 8 cores I can see it happening, unless the nextbox only has 4 in which case I doubt it.

The 8350 vs. 3570K will be old news by the time that starts happening on a regular basis.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

They were differen't because, as said in the video, they looked online and found an oc that "95%" of people had/reached. I too would like to have seen a same speed comparison, and since linus said they will be doing more of these under different scenarios its possible we will get it.

Right now for multi-gpu set ups pcie 3 does help, for high gpu end sli/cf anyway. Sure a regular basis is one thing, but if person x wants to do it now that would be a factor to them.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

said by me1212:

They were differen't because, as said in the video, they looked online and found an oc that "95%" of people had/reached. I too would like to have seen a same speed comparison, and since linus said they will be doing more of these under different scenarios its possible we will get it.

Ok, that kind of makes sense. I haven't watched the video yet, I will later on. I'd be curious to see the results of an exact clock for clock shootout.

I've been running my 3570K at only 4.0ghz since I got it. I might bump it up to 4.2 or 4.3ghz though.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

The 8350 vs. 3570K will be old news by the time that starts happening on a regular basis.

Indeed since Haswell core i5 4670K / Core i7 4770K should be here soon (~3 months).

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I think I'll wait, USB3 errata and all--I don't even use external drives.

I forgot to watch the OP video last night, will have to do it tonight.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Ghastlyone

I would, nothing to loose and you stand to gain better performance. If my math is right a 4.2ghz 3570k is about the same as an SB i5 at roughly 4.5ghz. Coincidentally, thats what mine is at. I can tell you first hand that it is bitchin fast man.