All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Clickity

to Clickity

Re: Corvette part: For Vue666 (or anyone else)

I wonder if it is possible one of the custom steering column sellers like Flaming River or Ididit...would sell a part that would work... or worst case scenario swap out the old column for a new one by Flaming River or Ididit....

»www.flamingriver.com/

»www.ididitinc.com/

Clickity
@videotron.ca

Clickity

Anon

Thanks will check into this tomorrow. After a dozen calls today, nothing. Or i'm waiting for them to call me back, or waiting on people who happen to come across a scrapped column.

The lead Andyb has on Ebay... I was going to contact the guy have it shipped to a UPS hold-place in NY like what Kardinal stated I could do (up above). The guy refuses to ship out of the states for whatever reason.

Wife just told me, "I told you last month we need to redo our passports, they expired. Don't you ever listen?".

I am now banging my head on a wall.

I need to find an American to act as a go-between and then ship that off to me. Not sure if it's the right part, but the description is right. And sure looks right. Willing to take a loss if it isn't.

*sigh*
Clickity

Clickity

Anon

The Ebay part is not the right part (or right car). Got a hold of the guy selling it. So that takes care of that.

So to date:
Duntov Motors: Nope
Corvettepartswolrdwide: Nope
VettePartsMichigan: Nope
Just Corvettes: Waiting on them
ClimaxCorvette: Nope
CorvetteDepot: Waiting on them
DynamicCorvettes: Waiting on them
ContemporaryCorvette: Nope

Tomorrow:
Automotix
CorvetteMike
RiksVet
ParagonCorvette (Just in case).

If you can think of/find any other that deal in New Old Stock (NOS), feel free. Or some of the steering column people might have this as well, as Vue666 mentioned.

CorvetteSteering.com was where one person got this part, but as said above, the guy died.
Clickity

Clickity to vue666

Anon

to vue666
said by vue666:

I wonder if it is possible one of the custom steering column sellers like Flaming River or Ididit...would sell a part that would work...

I hit those today. Thanks for the Idea Vue. No luck so far but one guy called me and said he had boxes and boxes of these old things that he has to rummage through, and if he can't find the exact part then he's pretty sure he can make it.
*cross fingers*
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

I suspect if anyone can fabricate a part like that it would be Flaming River or Ididit....

My fingers are crossed as well for you... and as they say on the Corvette Forum "Save the wave"...LOL Fellow Vetters, Rodders and classic car fiends will know what is meant by that saying...

Clickity
@videotron.ca

Clickity

Anon

lol Save The Wave!

Days of looking, hours upon hours of finding places, calling, Emailing, writing, and only one "potential maybe" from a custom steering column place. ...sigh.