said by Irish Shark:
• Have you tried a hard wire connection to the Linksys?
• If I am reading this correctly, the Linksys was setup for a cable connection. Did you make any changes now that you are on a DSL connection?
• If you have a wireless guest account, disable it.
1: I've not done that- I'll try it. I don't think that would be the issue- the ZyXel modem is a 2.4GHz .11N, while my Linksys is running a two spatial stream 5GHz wireless connection.
2. I set it up to serve the PPPoE credentials, also with an MTU of 1492 (same as the ZyXel).
3. No guest account has ever been active.
I've since allowed the ZyXel to take over the routing duties, and just set my Linksys to run as an access point. I guess I'd rather have the Linksys run as the DHCP server, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference.
In summary, I'd still like to run bridged, but the performance loss was too great. Even if I don't end up bridging in the end, I'd still like to know why it performs so poorly. Thanks for your reply.