spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RJW
@sbcglobal.net

RJW

Anon

poor att internet service

I am a long term (approx 4 year) uverse subscriber at two entirely separate sites, both in northern CA. I have 12 meg service and it has been remarkably stable for all this time at both sites until the past 10 days or so.

Now, at both sites, the speeds are erratic, frequently as low as 0.1 meg download. At other times the system has normal speed tests in the 11.5 meg range. I have uverse phone service at both sites, it works perfectly. I have uverse TV at one (only) of the sites and it works normally.

At the site with the TV I had uverse out a few days ago and they replaced the RG (residential gateway). At that site the VRAM is in house and they switch me to a different port on the VRAM. Bottom line, nothing changed, the service tech faded away.

Does anyone know if ATT is currently having a general system problem with the internet portion of the service?

This problem is most notable to me as I work full time through a VPN. All systems on the other side of the VPN are working normally, yet I have the problem at both sites.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
RW
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM

at&t (and other big telecoms) don't peer

AT&T, and most other major telecoms, generally have terrible peering, so, you may often see a lot of packet loss and weird routes to some destinations, especially if you aren't paying for "premium traffic" at your VPN site. (If you want good peering, go with someone like »sonic.net/fusion/, it might even get you faster speeds, save some money and time from having to do yearly "contract re-negotiations".)

What's your traceroutes?

Also, it's "VRAD", not "VRAM".
ralphjwatson
join:2013-03-12

ralphjwatson

Yep, it's VRAD.

The VPN is provided by a very large company and is not one of the "paid" VPNs. The current version of the VPN has been operating perfectly for 2-3 years, there are multiple VPN sites around the country (world, actually) for me to choose from, they all operate the same). I have tried 2 of the sites, they both have the same problems. I haven't run traceroute yet but I will.

Thanks