Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to John Galt

Re: Hotspot Calculator Spreadsheet

said by John Galt:

There is cell service, but it is very spotty. You almost have to be in the waves to have a connection.

Good, the less selection they have the more valuable your service becomes.

That stated, why not just drop the smaller offerings and just offer a day rate and a weekly rate?

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
said by 54067323:

That stated, why not just drop the smaller offerings and just offer a day rate and a weekly rate?

There is no functional limitation to the number of plans that we can offer...so why not offer more plans rather than less?

Day users probably exceed campers by 2X, thus the need to accommodate them.

One of the things that we are considering is this: what is the least amount that we can charge that will induce a customer to use the service? In other words, at what point does the day-use visitor toggle between 'I don't want to pay $5 to check my email/FB!' to 'heck, it's only a $1'...? Once they mentally make that transition, the 'wow, I can get much more for only a bit more' takes hold.

I'll take a committed $1 customer over a non-committed $5 customer any day.
--
No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him. Well, you can try to...

join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL
said by John Galt:

I'll take a committed $1 customer over a non-committed $5 customer any day.

I guess that would depend on the credit card transaction costs you have worked out with PayPal and how well you can automate the provisioning process.

Then you have to add the cost of disputing/writing off the inevitable Pay-Pal charge-backs, which for a buck or two are probably not worth disputing.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
said by 54067323:

I guess that would depend on the credit card transaction costs you have worked out with PayPal and how well you can automate the provisioning process.

Then you have to add the cost of disputing/writing off the inevitable Pay-Pal charge-backs, which for a buck or two are probably not worth disputing.

The process is totally automated and the transaction costs are reflected in the spreadsheet above.

As to the disputes, all traffic usage is logged. If there is any data transferred, they used the service. That said, they are buying a finite block of time which starts when they pay and runs out regardless if they use the service or not. All spelled out specifically on the TOS of the walled garden.
--
No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him. Well, you can try to...

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
I found another campground south of this location that has 168 spaces, is heavily used all year and has no service.

Deployment will be less challenging in some respects and more in others, but still doable.