TSI Outages
TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

[OUTAGE REPORT] Mar 12th, 2013 06:10 PM

We are currently experiencing a DHCP issue in the York Mills area, and a Routing issue in the Woodstock area.

Both issues are under investigation. No ETA at this time.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff38
@184.151.61.x

Jeff38

Anon

Still out for me in Woodstock. Any updates on when things will be back?

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
join:2002-05-27
canada

Lifeforce

Still down... And, apparently, so is the snow; coming down that is!

JimC
@blackberry.net

JimC

Anon

ETA for Woodstock yet?
bbhog
join:2010-07-05
North York, ON

bbhog to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Oh no! Thanks for the heads-up
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Any idea what the problem is for Woodstock and when it'll be fixed? My parents say they've been out for almost 24 hrs.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki

Well I've been out for 26hrs now, gonna get expensive if I have to start tethering my phone.

Jeff388
@184.151.61.x

Jeff388

Anon

I've also been out for more than 24 hrs. Called teksavvy yesterday and today. No idea what is going on.

Steelwraith
join:2010-05-27
Woodstock, ON

Steelwraith to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Also Woodstock, cable still out here... would really like an update.

TSI Outages
TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

At this time there is no ETA available.

Thank you for your patience.
yabos
London, ON

yabos to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Do you guys know what the problem is?
McOwnage
join:2006-07-29
Toronto, ON

McOwnage to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Yonge + Eglinton, still down as well. Hooray for smartphones!

I'd order a pizza to console myself on the loss of speedy Internet... but my phone line is through Vonage: the pizza delivery guy can't buzz up to my apartment

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Can Teksavvy petition the CRTC to force Rogers to give them top priority repair service? After all, the CRTC does regulate Rogers and the TPIA business activities.

Seems to me these 24 hour plus outages are a huge concern/downside for all involved. Just a thought is all...........

TSI Danielle
Premium Member
join:2012-05-31

TSI Danielle to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
We are having a DHCP issue right now on the York Mills POI. We're investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.
Hunterjus
join:2013-03-13
Woodstock, ON

Hunterjus to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Boooo still down in Woodstock. Not happy
mark77ap
join:2013-01-01
Ingersoll, ON

mark77ap

Also down in Woodstock area (Ingersoll) kind of shocked it has been so long and no eta.

JimC
@blackberry.net

JimC

Anon

Woodstock...

YandE
@teksavvy.com

YandE to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
Was down at at Yonge & Eglinton until March 13 around noon. Was finally able to get computer working when plugged directly to modem but router has been fried. This happened the last time there was a major upgrade. What is happening? Two routers fried since November 2011, both times immediately following a network upgrade. This is too much coincidence!

P1ssed 0ff
@fanshawec.ca

P1ssed 0ff

Anon

Pretty Sad we are treated like this...my neighbor has Rogers internet he hasn't been down, but yet I am...
MrMartian
join:2009-07-10
Woodstock, ON

MrMartian to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
It's also pretty confusing when my firewall logs keep showing incoming connections being denied.. So obviously traffic is getting one way...
Jeff38
Woodstock, ON

Jeff38

Still down in Woodstock. Will be 48 hrs later today. This is getting ridiculous.
yabos
London, ON

yabos to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
My dad was on the phone with TS yesterday. They are sending a Rogers tech out to his house since they said he had low return signal and Rogers was doing work across the street the afternoon they lost the internet. I don't know if that has anything to do with this issue(he's in Ingersoll), but the lack of ANY useful information from TS is not very encouraging. Usually they will let us know something, but this incident makes it seem like they don't even know what's going on or something.
mark77ap
Ingersoll, ON

mark77ap

Maybe they can fix mine as well. I am in Ingersoll and its going on 2 days of no connection, and no information.
MrMartian
join:2009-07-10
Woodstock, ON

MrMartian

said by MrMartian:

It's also pretty confusing when my firewall logs keep showing incoming connections being denied.. So obviously traffic is getting one way...

Hmm, yes.. Odd.. All packets are getting from the 'net to my firewall, but nothing makes it back out... Looks like asymmetric routing problems.. But, really, that should take minutes to fix, not days!!!

JimC
@bell.ca

JimC

Anon

Hope they can figure it out soon. I am taking a lot of flak at home for switching from DSL two weeks ago... March Break and no internet...
Flipmode8
N4T0B8

1 recommendation

Flipmode8 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Coming up to 2 days down, there is no possible way this can take that long to fix. This put a new meaning to working hard or hardly working.

Thank you for your patience but we have no ETA or no clue what we are doing?
mark77ap
Ingersoll, ON

1 recommendation

mark77ap to JimC

to JimC
I feel your pain. I switched from DSL a few months ago. Love the speed of cable but its been down more times in 3 months that my DSL was in 10 years. Kids and wife are not happy.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to Jeff38

to Jeff38
said by Jeff38:

Still down in Woodstock. Will be 48 hrs later today. This is getting ridiculous.

I honestly don't know how you guys put up with this. The Teksavvy crew seem like a good bunch of folks BUT people that are not Tek customers would look at this issue and shake their heads in disbelief.

A 2 day outrage is a crisis in anyones judgement and I honestly can't figure out why TSI_Marc isn't on the horn to the Rogers front office demanding to know why this situation is not being resolved.

If it's a Teksavvy only issue then why aren't all hands on deck fixing the problem?

Not being a critic but how can Tek run a business like this?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

We've had some users confirm they are coming back online in York Mills.. It seems to be in the process or coming back online. We are still monitoring.
Jeff38
Woodstock, ON

Jeff38 to elitefx

to elitefx
I don't get it either. Things seemed good when I signed up a few months ago but this is really making me re-evaluate. I've called support Tues and Wed. Wed, they wanted me to do all the typical trouble shooting that I already did on Tues.

Basically, if it isn't working when I get home, I'm looking for something else and if it isn't working by the weekend I'm switching.

Told support to add that to their records.