nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74

Re: DSLR Guild on Silvermoon gkicks a 13 year old girl

So is your toon still in the guild despite being inactive for a long period of time?

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

And the trap is set...

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Nope, I pulled my toons when I stopped playing on that server. I quit playing for about 6 months between Cata and MoP and when I came back for MoP I went back to one of my first toons on my first server. Nothing against Pandora or the guild. Not in the least. Everyone was cheerful and eager to help. I was just burning out on the game again. Kind of like now.

Edit - I should say I was the AGM for most of the time I was in the guild so I know about how most everything worked. In every case all Pandora wanted to do was advance the guild. I can't speak to what happened since I left.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

And the trap is set...

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

lol lol lol that just wasn't nice.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Immer

to Immer
Haha, well played Immer. Well played.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

. I can't speak to what happened since I left.

Sure you can. Pandora kicked everyone out except his family and proceeded to keep all the gold/items for himself. He really appreciates all your hard work you put in to HIS guild, very nice of you.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I have no complaints.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to wapu

Premium Member

to wapu
Is it me, or does it seem like all the passive-aggressives are on here trying to quietly validate pandora now that it seems like all the action has died down?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox

Premium Member

I'm doing my best to "burn the wich, burrrrrrrrn herr!"

However someone (no names) appears to be dismantling my attempts and making my subtle, innocent, comments look like loaded questions.
Snuffbox

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Where's Skittles when I need him....?

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to wapu

Premium Member

to wapu
I'm just adding some background. The guild now was not the same as it was 3 years ago.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

I think the background information you provided would be more relevant if the guild hadn't continued recruiting. But it is my assumption that Wapu's daughter and many other members were not /ginvited 3 years ago?

It appears that guild recruitment continued until the guild reached level 25 - and only then did it become a "family & friends" guild and purged its members.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to kingdome74

to kingdome74
Honestly, and I don't mean this in an offensive way, just as a matter of fact... no one cares. We're all just bored so we are reading this thread as new posts get created or stirring up trouble just for entertainment value. This doesn't impact any of us. The only ones impacted are the OP and to what extent is probably debatable.

People have mentioned that Pandora probably kept the gold and guild items. This assumes that the OP (et family) actually donated gold and/or items. It also assumes that they donated more than they withdrew. Let's break this down real quick.

Gold - No one should ever have to donate gold to a guild out of their own pocket. I would be surprised if this was the case and not entirely sure I could pity the person who donated if they made that choice. The gold should come from the guild rewards. And all gold that comes from the guild rewards (whether it be the 5/10% auto added to the gold from looting or gold from guild runs) was never the guildies to begin with. It's not taking 5/10% of the gold they would have otherwise got and putting it in the guild as some kind of union fee. They still get the same amount and then an additional 5/10% goes to the guild. So if the OP never consciously donated gold, then Pandora didn't keep "their" gold.

Items - Same thing as gold. First question is were there any items donated? Maybe there were, maybe there weren't. We are assuming. We are also assuming (because it supports our witch hunt) that the OP never withdrew anything from the guild or at least not as much as they donated. To me these are stretches. I haven't seen very many guilds (or guildies) where you can donate but not withdraw. And just like the gold, if you are donating items to tabs that you can't withdraw from... you are making your own decision on risk there anyhow and don't have much of a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned.

So there really is not explanations necessary. And they won't do any good because the witch hunters will still hunt witches either way. For no other reason than to pass the time away.
Carpie

Carpie to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
And as for the "leveling the guild" portion. Doesn't the guild member get just as much, if not more, value from the xp buffs provided by a leveling guild? Perhaps they DID help level the guild and were booted subsequently after. What did they lose? Other than guild reputation, they lost nothing. In fact the net result was still a gain for them as they gained more xp for their toons during the journey than they would have if they had not been part of any guild. The only argument that could be made would be around the opportunity cost.
Carpie

Carpie to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Where's Skittles when I need him....?

You know whose absence I am curious about? Mettachain. Where has HE been the last couple months, anyone know?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I think he was Navy. Might be a deployment or something.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
True story, I haven't seen him in awhile.

I need Skittles for my movie quotes...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

And as for the "leveling the guild" portion. Doesn't the guild member get just as much, if not more, value from the xp buffs provided by a leveling guild? Perhaps they DID help level the guild and were booted subsequently after. What did they lose? Other than guild reputation, they lost nothing. In fact the net result was still a gain for them as they gained more xp for their toons during the journey than they would have if they had not been part of any guild. The only argument that could be made would be around the opportunity cost.

Yeah! Silly ungrateful ex-guildies should quit being butthurt. They should be grateful they were allowed in AT ALL!

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Carpie:

Yeah! Silly ungrateful ex-guildies should quit being butthurt. They should be grateful they were allowed in AT ALL!

exactly

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

1 recommendation

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Venom14:

exactly

Not sure if serious.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

said by Venom14:

exactly

Not sure if serious.

One does not simply be serious.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
serious.

lets say i joined a Leveling/do what you want guild; call it "small earthquake after a larger earthquake," purely as a casual, to benefit from the guild rewards and to contribute to the guild as the rewards require. If the members were to help me with crafted items commiserate with my level up to and through max. If i got my way into a progression guild i doubt there would be much grumbling amongst the members of the guild.

same should be expected from the guild; if the guild leader decides to change the style of guild that's up to him/her. There are definitely "better" ways to handle it than what was seen. But its still the GL's prerogative. be glad you were able to get the xp/profession/mount speed/hasty hearth/reduced durability loss...

but then again no one pays more for convenience in todays society. and a lot of this hinges on communication by both parties, guild leader and member.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Venom14:

There are definitely "better" ways to handle it than what was seen.

I agree. I think that the above is all thats being argued here though.

He's the GM, so he can do what he wants whether or not it inconveniences his members/exmembers.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

The high road is equally available to all parties involved.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to wapu

Premium Member

to wapu
(See what I had to do in your absence Skittles?)

V: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
P1: Are there? Well then tell us! (tell us)
V: Tell me... what do you do with witches?
P3: Burn'em! Burn them up! (burn burn burn)
V: What do you burn apart from witches?
P1: More witches! (P2 nudge P1)
(pause)
P3: Wood!
V: So, why do witches burn?
(long pause)
P2: Cuz they're made of... wood?
V: Gooood.
(crowd congratulates P2)
V: So, how do we tell if she is made of wood?
P1: Build a bridge out of her!
V: Ahh, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
P1: Oh yeah...
V: Does wood sink in water?
P1: No
P3: No. It floats!
P1: Let's throw her into the bog! (yeah yeah ya!)
V: What also floats in water?
P1: Bread
P3: Apples
P2: Very small rocks
(V looks annoyed)
P1: Cider
P3: Grape gravy
P1: Cherries
P3: Mud
King: A Duck!
(all look and stare at king)
V: Exactly! So, logically...
P1(thinking): If she ways the same as a duck... she's made of wood!
V: And therefore,
(pause & think)
P3: A witch! (P1: a witch)(P2: a witch)(all: a witch!)
V: We shall use my largest scales.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
I'm betting that if Aftershock were to have committed similar transgressions, you wouldn't be saying what you were saying. Pandora is under Immer's White Knight umbrella and you're his official bum repository, so that's why you phrase everything the way you do.

Fortunately, this is the Internet. Your silly little spin methods don't really work here.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 recommendation

JB9 to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
Except the guilds were created for the enjoyment and collaboration of the entire community; sadly people trusted him with the responsibility of creating the guild and welcoming and inviting to ANY DSLR member.
Expand your moderator at work

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9

Re: DSLR Guild on Silvermoon gkicks a 13 year old girl

Also, anyone who participates in the guild, participates in generating gold for the guild through guild dailies, acquiring looted gold, etc.