how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gsjs316

join:2008-10-16
Langhorne, PA

[DVR] Strange DVR Issue with USA Network ONLY

I have been recording Psych on USA Network every week, and each time after the 40th minute it would began pixelating, and picture would jump on the bottom half of the screen and the audio would skip in a strange way, and it would do this for the remainder of the show. I have been unable to watch a full episode. I tested with other USA Network shows at different times, and it happens on those shows as well. I have recorded several other shows on many other channels, but it doesn't happen on those. When watching USA Network live, the picture and audio are absolutely fine. This only happens when I record something on USA Network.

Does anyone know of anything like this happening or how to fix it?

Ted Shekler

join:2011-03-10
West Chester, PA

I have noticed the same thing. I recored Monday night raw and usually about past halfway through I get the same problems, pixelation, awful audio. It is so bad, I can not watch the rest of the program.

No idea what or how to fix it

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX

My wife watches lots of law and order on USA HD and it occasionally does the same thing.

abc123

@bellatlantic.com

Cisco or Mot DVR? Are you playing back on the DVR or using MRDVR?

Ted Shekler

join:2011-03-10
West Chester, PA

Cisco and plahying on the DVR in the bedroom. The master DVR is downstairs. When I played it on the master one, it played fine

aVZTech5

join:2006-05-08
Conshohocken, PA

There is a known issue with Cisco boxes and streaming to remote boxes. It's wide ranging and different for a lot of people. The fix should be in the next img update that is supposed to be out before the end of the quarter(a week or two from what I heard).

anon1234

@bellatlantic.com
reply to McBane

Mot or Cisco DVRs? Playback on DVR or using MRDVR?

aVZTech5

join:2006-05-08
Conshohocken, PA

Cisco, playback on the remote boxes. Recordings on the dvr play fine but pixelate on the remote.