Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to motorola870

Re: TWC dallas just a matter of time before 8 ch. downstream?

said by motorola870:

node total

Is there any way to determine the identity of my node? If I can get on a tall ladder and examine the outer housing, is there anything that would allow me to see the ID of my node?

I know mine is a Motorola, but are they capable of being upgraded to a higher bandwidth? I'm curious because of how Comcast is offering 65Mbps upload on their new top tier what sort of nodes they are using that allows for such high bandwidth.
--
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. -John Adams, 1787

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by warlock56:

said by motorola870:

node total

Is there any way to determine the identity of my node? If I can get on a tall ladder and examine the outer housing, is there anything that would allow me to see the ID of my node?

I know mine is a Motorola, but are they capable of being upgraded to a higher bandwidth? I'm curious because of how Comcast is offering 65Mbps upload on their new top tier what sort of nodes they are using that allows for such high bandwidth.

call customer services they will tell you what node you are on if you ask.

The systems in North Texas have 5-40MHz to play with on the upstream and it is going to be hard to get 2 6.4MHz wide upstream channels along with 2 3.2MHz upstream channels instead of the 4 3.2MHz channels which is basically like having 2 6.4MHz channels broken down into 4 channels instead of 2.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to warlock56
said by warlock56:

said by motorola870:

node total

doubt TWC will be upgrading the motorola nodes they are already rated for 870MHz which were in place before TWC bought the system and upgraded it to 870MHz. The newer nodes are the Aurora nodes and the have an arc on them

»www.aurora.com/site/common/image···4000.png

A lot of the nodes in East Arlington are the newer Aurora nodes that likely have a digital return on them but the limiting factor on the upstream is the amplifiers that some of which in the field are rated for 5-40MHz only instead of 5-42MHz.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to warlock56
said by warlock56:

Comcast is doing the 305/65 tier via DIRECT Fiber connection not via COAX.. From the Fiber Node to the home it's fiber.. so it's not DOCSIS 3.x which means it's not limited to the node restrictions mentioned above. [It works off the same type of setup as Metro Ethernet does that they offer to business class customers]

»Comcast Using FTTH For New 305 Mbps Tier