Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tlamming

join:2001-08-21
Howell, MI

[Bill] Paying 115/month for "extreme tier"

Hey guys,

I'm paying 115/month for the "extreme" tier but when I look at the cable modem config file it says its "blast" I'm getting the correct speed which is 50/10, but when I look at the comcast products page, there is a blast tier advertised at the 50/10 and no extreme. What gives? The price is 62/month for the blast! tier, but thats for people who are just signing up as new. Am I missing out on something, or did they just phase out extreme and make blast! the fast one around here. There is no option for the 105/20 tier. I dont subscribe to cable TV so i'm also paying the extra 10 bucks a month for that which is a joke.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21

Re: [Bill] Paying 115/month for "extreme tier"

Your service should have been upgraded to 105/20. Try rebooting your modem.

And just ignore the name of the configuration file.

Tlamming

Howell, MI

tried that, no luck still at the 50/10 tier.

Jeremy W

Try posting in the »Comcast Direct forum. They can sort out the issue for you.

Tlamming

Howell, MI

Thanks. I noticed that you have a thread in there. Are you having the same issue?

Jeremy W

said by Tlamming:

Thanks. I noticed that you have a thread in there. Are you having the same issue?

Yes, except I was supposed to go from 25/4 to 50/10. The escalation rep I spoke to this afternoon told me that I definitely wasn't the only person to have this issue. It's currently in the hands of the national team, which is basically the top tier.

Tlamming

Howell, MI
reply to Tlamming

Cool, hopefully they do the same. Comcastvic said that I indeed am provisioned for 105/20, however he did not mention why I'm only getting the 50/10 service. How long did it take for them to fix it after you posted?

Jeremy W

said by Tlamming:

How long did it take for them to fix it after you posted?

I posted on 3/8 at 1:50am, and they called to tell me it was fixed on 3/13 at 9:40am. Considering how high up it had to be escalated, and the fact that I was never actually without service, I'm satisfied with how long it took to resolve.

Tlamming

Howell, MI

did you go through with them discussing power levels on the modem, etc? I'm getting a reply once a day from comcast direct so its rather a slow process.

Jeremy W

said by Tlamming:

did you go through with them discussing power levels on the modem, etc? I'm getting a reply once a day from comcast direct so its rather a slow process.

No, my issue was that the modern simply wasn't getting the speed update. It sounds like your issue is different.