uniqs

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to MisterP

Premium Member

to MisterP

Re: [Caps] Comcast tiered vs flat cap trials?

After reading all the replies in this thread to the OP's question, I came to same conclusion that MisterP See Profile has. Has anyone heard how the trials are going? We all know where they are taking place, but is there some kind of status update that could be passed on?

Not saying that the posts that have been made are bad. They are not, and do go along with caps and usage. I think it is just interesting that we have not heard any updates from anyone in regards to these trial.

--Brian

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by plencnerb:

After reading all the replies in this thread to the OP's question, I came to same conclusion that MisterP See Profile has. Has anyone heard how the trials are going? We all know where they are taking place, but is there some kind of status update that could be passed on?

Not saying that the posts that have been made are bad. They are not, and do go along with caps and usage. I think it is just interesting that we have not heard any updates from anyone in regards to these trial.

You will get your trial results update the day after AT&T resumes their cap program for U-verse (which like Comcast's cap program is on temporary hold). AT&T and Comcast are playing a game of stare down; each is waiting for the other to blink first. In my opinion, that will be AT&T because AT&T's greed makes Comcast look like a philanthropic not for profit organization. Once AT&T starts up their cap program again, Comcast will likely clone AT&T's program as their own.

AnonMan
@comcast.net

AnonMan

Anon

Yea the whole Power User thing is subjective.

I had to reinstall windows last month and as such re-download a few games and BF3 alone is huge. You go the game itself and another 6+GB for each expansion. So I used about 50GB just for that.

We won't even talk about other games, windows updates etc.

Now I have a co-worker, just him and his wife. They use about 400GB a month and hardly download anything. They just stream everything for TV, play games etc.

I think if caps are to be implemented they should have just done them on uploads. The avg person abusing the internet is probably letting torrents run all day because you can't possibly sit and find enough stuff to keep your pc downloading for a month straight every month maxing out your bandwidth really. While if you left torrents running yeah, that thing will upload non-stop.

It's just all silly. Companies are saving more and more money as bandwidth gets cheaper, not to mention that they are saving more on labor costs as now if you disconnect cable for example they don't even come out. You take them boxes and that's it. Everything is encrypted by me so they don't need to come disconnect the line even. Not to mention they sure are not paying the techs any more and insurance coverages have dropped so in the end that leaves growing pockets only.