spc
uniqs

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to matcarl

to matcarl

Re: Free Remote Controls

It's nice and all -- but these are two-function remotes, right?

As we use A/V receivers, we kind of need the old-school four-function units.

Bummer, because a couple of our remotes are flat out worn out.
David57
join:2012-10-15
Flower Mound, TX

David57

I'm not sure if you know this or not.........If you want the 4 device remote (which I prefer), you can order the FiOS TV Remote Control (4 devices) off of Verizon's website.
Not free; it's $14.99. At least it's available to order.

Sign on to Verizon.com,
- hover over MyVerizon, click on View All under My Services
- click on Equipment
- on the Remote Control line, click on Visit FiOS Accessories Store.
The FiOS TV Remote Control (4 devices) should be listed on this page.

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u to MagScribe

to MagScribe
Try Ebay........Search for Verizon Fios Universal remote control.

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to David57

to David57
said by David57:

I'm not sure if you know this or not.........If you want the 4 device remote (which I prefer), you can order the FiOS TV Remote Control (4 devices) off of Verizon's website.
Not free; it's $14.99. At least it's available to order.

I've picked up a couple of brand new 4 device remotes on eBay for under $10 shipped.
rotisserie
join:2006-12-29
Bethesda, MD

rotisserie

Just wondering, is there anything better about the two function remote, aside from being newer? I only use two functions on mine currently (tv, stb).I have a few four function remotes that are a bit damaged but workable. Is there any benefit to getting the two function if I don't need all four functions?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

The 2 button remotes have 99+% code coverage for all known TV models, so if you have a 4 button remote that doesn't have a TV code listed and the code search fails to find a working code - the 2 button should have a code that will work....

And the 2 button remote has dedicated power buttons for TV and STB, fixing the power sync issue with the 4 button remotes.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

FWIW I think the buttons on the 2-button remotes feel better, more positive action I guess, than the ones on my 4-button remotes. I have multiples of both, and all of the 2-button ones just seem to function better. I don't know, maybe it is my imagination, but....