how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dalionath

join:2013-03-06
Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

Needs opinions (pls be friendly)

Hi guys this is just a post because i need opinions, well i can build my own computer and stuff but im trying to decide with one to go for the one from ibuypower or the one i built my self, but i love opinions from others, witch one should i go with? to have the better performance im getting my income tax in 2 weeks its 1019$ so im gona have to save up a bit.

AMD FX 8-Core Configurator = 1509$

1 x Case ( AZZA Armour Gaming Case - Red )
1 x Case Lighting ( Cold Cathode Neon Light - Red )
1 x Processor ( AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L2 Cache) )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System - Standard 120mm Fan )
1 x Memory ( 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB - HIS IceQ X - Cooler, Quieter - Single Card )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE Game Download] - Tomb Raider + Bioshock Infinite - Free with purchase of any AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Graphics Card )
1 x Motherboard ( ASRock 990FX Extreme9 -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16, 2x eSATA3, 8x USB 3.0 )
1 x Power Supply ( 600 Watt - Standard )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 240 GB Intel 330 SSD - Single Drive )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Professional + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse - Blood Red )
1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis )
1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring )
1 x Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation! )
1 x Advanced Build Options ( Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks )
1 x Warranty ( 3 Year Standard Warranty Service )
1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )
OR
»pcpartpicker.com/p/JiCJ = 1150$

Gordo74
Premium
join:2003-10-28
Monroeville, PA

The PC part picker build will HIGHLY outperform the iBuyPower build you listed.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

ok thx gordon! , and its cheaper also so i will go with the pc part picker build, first time building my own kinda excited

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to Dalionath

But I would go with a Z77 motherboard and not a Z75 imo.
I have this motherboard:
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···13157293

Love it!!

And I would get a different power supply. That is one area not to skimp on.

Maybe something like :
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···17139031

I am not a big Samsung SSD fan. I had one , a 64G , and it ended up dying and I just sent it back and got a refund and bought a different brand.

Personally I would use a smaller SSD to boot and then a hybrid drive for your apps and data but if your going with a 250G SSD maybe check out:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···Parent=1

It has the Marvell chip which is a strong SSD performer.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

hmmm interesting i went for ssd because its mainly wow runs better with a ssd and other games that take alot of loading to do, also have you ever ordered from like amazon and new egg are they trustworthy?

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH

Newegg is trustworthy. Amazon is but sometimes they have the ordered fulfilled by someone else and it takes longer to get the item.

You might check and see if you have a microcenter near you as they have great instore deals on items. »www.microcenter.com .

I drive an hour to the nearest one to me for the deals.

Here is a hybrid drive as well:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···22148940

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

i dont have a microcenter near here i live in saint john new brunswick :P, yeah that build is something to start with because i dont have much money right now and i thoke a full case so i can upgrade when ever i have some spare money to put in it, but its really good to know that newegg and amazon is trustworthy also do they "dilyver" (sorry bad spelling) straight at your place or they bring it to the post office for you to go get?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Dalionath

As others have said, the PC Parts Picker build is about $350 cheaper and will be much more powerful than the AMD build.

I don't know why you keep going back the FX-8350. It isn't bad, but it's not as good as Intel's current offerings. When in doubt, for the past two generations, just go with Intel.

I disagree with what was said about the PSU--the Rosewill Tachyon Platinum will perform MUCH better than the Corsair TX650M, which is only Bronze-rated.

Whether you get a roomy SSD or a smaller SSD + mHDD is a personal choice. I think 250GB is enough for your OS + WoW and a game or two, but if you have several hundred gigabytes of Steam/Origin library, you might want to go with a 120GB SSD + 500GB-1TB mHDD.

The only difference between Z75 and Z77 is the PCIe configurations (Z77 can support three PCIe 3.0 slots and Z75 can support two) and Z75 lacks Smart Response Technology, which is only applicable if you are pairing a small SSD (64GB or less) with a mHDD to cache data.

I've used the Z75 board before and it's solid--it's hard to justify an extra $50 for Z77 and features you don't need.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Dalionath

The Rosewill shows it is $149 on newegg so hopefully your part picker place has the right price.

Cause that is $70 off of that power supply.

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···17182271

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Yup, it definitely went back up. At the time I put the build together on PC Parts Picker, it was $75, which would have been an absolute steal.

Just goes to show that when someone is revisiting a saved build, they should double-check each component for availability and price.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB
reply to Krisnatharok

yes sorry for the fx i went for it because it was cheaper but im really thinking of crossing the ibuypower one and go for the pc part one, the price is reasonable and its upgradable alot witch i will do when i get more money

Dalionath

Dsl De Saint-Andre, NB

sorry for double post but i forgot to had the sdd is only 250 gb but for now i think it will be good until i get more money to buy another hard drive, because i am thinking of starting battlefield games also or bigger graphics game that i never had the chance to play, but i also have a 1.5 TB external hard drive witch i would need to fix first but that could be a storage i could use