spc
uniqs
DogT
join:2009-11-12
Hume, VA

DogT to ranman2

to ranman2

Re: Satisfied Hughesnet gen4 customer

Our G4 has now been in operation for 1 month now. Just rolled over to another 10GB. I did call yesterday, March 12 and complained about having to wait for pages to load for what I call excessive amounts of time. Like anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. I know nothing is wrong because when I do the 'connectivity test' it is fine. There's a block at the NOC I'm sure for some unknown reason. Every time I try to call service, I have to wait so long things work again and they can never get a test on it. I did have a tech out once and he said the equipment is fine, but he also saw the problems. Now I'm not saying it's like this all the time. I've been making a list of when it happens. The 9th it happened 3 times, at least a 6 minute wait. The 11th again 3 times, and on the 12th I waited at least 15 minutes for things to start working. Now when it works, it's fine. My download speeds range from 3 to 9 mb, usually the upper end. I did negotiate a 3 month $20/mo refund. They keep telling me things will improve and I actually got one guy to tell me they know there's an issue, most of them tell me it's static in the modem. What BS. I'm on beam 33. Since I just started a new 2 year service, we'll see if maybe the verizon 4G LTE may be available to us by then. Now that would be some serious competition.
WallyEstes
join:2013-03-14
Madison, VA

WallyEstes

The same delay is happening to me and others also.

I disabled web acceleration on the modem and the delays went away.
DogT
join:2009-11-12
Hume, VA

DogT

OK, how do you disable the web acceleration on the modem? I've always noticed that if the web acceleration is not working, it really doesn't work too?
WallyEstes
join:2013-03-14
Madison, VA

WallyEstes

email sent.