Maranello
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Butler, PA

1 edit

Maranello

MVM

iTunes 10 windows to iTunes 11 Mac

I'm moving my iTunes library from my PC (10) to my MacBook Pro (11). Is it still as easy as moving my iTunes folder from windows music folder to OS X music folder and point to the music location? I wasn't sure how much they've changed in 11 as far as playlists and such are concerned.

EDIT: the answer is no.

Gordo74
Premium Member
join:2003-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74

Premium Member

What I would personally do is consolidate the library (the button is in the prefs), then upgrade to itunes 11 on the windows machine. Then consolidate again for good measure.

Then just move the inside of the iTunes folder to the "music" folder on the Mac. Then hold option while booting iTunes, then select the iTunes Library file and it should load up a-ok

Maranello
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Butler, PA

Maranello

MVM

That's exactly what I did wrong. I had my library in Music/iTunes but my music in D:/Music. I should have consolidated, upgraded and so on like you suggested.

I ended up deleting the iTunes folder, relaunching iTunes and starting all over again. I imported my playlists from my iPhone and Shuffle. As long as I didn't have to create my playlists again I was cool lol.