Search similar:

uniqs

FallenAnjel
join:2011-04-07
East Cupcake

FallenAnjel

[bug] Vertical scroll bar not working when replying to topic

I hope this is the right forum to post this in

When I reply to a post in the Optimum Online forum I get the box w/ all the replies above the text box, that's fine. But the scroll bar on the right for the whole page doesn't work. I cannot scroll the page up and down. So if my text extends the reply/text box below the bottom of the screen I can't see it. Sometimes I can totally close out of the browser and come back and it works but sometimes not. It's intermittent

It only does this on replies to posts, not NEW posts (like this)

If no one understands that I can take a short video of it.

I am using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.152 on a Windows Vista Gateway M7301u (it's 4 years old) that is always updated
FallenAnjel

FallenAnjel

I'm so sorry I didn't search before I posted so feel free to delete this post!

(and my scroll bar is frozen again!, also if you try to enter all the way down to see your whole post, the scroll bar constantly flips back to the fixed middle position and since i"m currently recording this I will demonstrate.

Of course, now it started working in the middle of the post! :-/ lol

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal to FallenAnjel

Premium Member

to FallenAnjel
Seems to only happen with Chrome. See this topic:
»[bug] Chrome browser - thread reply issue

Since it appears there's no fix in the works, you can get around it by hitting the preview button and then writing your post.

edit: oh, you saw the topic.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

rockotman to FallenAnjel

Premium Member

to FallenAnjel
said by FallenAnjel:

I hope this is the right forum to post this in

When I reply to a post in the Optimum Online forum I get the box w/ all the replies above the text box, that's fine. But the scroll bar on the right for the whole page doesn't work. I cannot scroll the page up and down. So if my text extends the reply/text box below the bottom of the screen I can't see it. Sometimes I can totally close out of the browser and come back and it works but sometimes not. It's intermittent

It only does this on replies to posts, not NEW posts (like this)

If no one understands that I can take a short video of it.

I am using Chrome Version 25.0.1364.152 on a Windows Vista Gateway M7301u (it's 4 years old) that is always updated

What I have found with Chrome and this issue is that when you open the reply window, if you take the "previous posts" scroll bar to its bottom, you can then scroll the entire window down using the scroll bar on the far right. See the pic below for the "previous post" scroll bar that I am referring to...