dustmaker

join:2011-03-14
L9T7C7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits

[Internet] New Home-Owners ATTN: 12 Months Free FTTH Service

Hi guys,

I hope I'm not in any violation with this posting but I just got off the phone with bell and I heard that most of the people that bought a new house being built in the last 2 years might be eligible for Actual Fiber To The Home (FTTH) service. I repeat it's not FTTN but FTTH.

The new home owners are eligible to get up to 12 months of Free Fibe Internet, Fibe TV and Home Phone.

Here are the services you're getting:

1. Fibe Internet 50 Mbps Down/50 Mbps UP
2. Fibe TV Best Package with up to 300+ channels and More Movies
3. Any Home Phone Package

Yes all for Free.

However there are some conditions:

1. The You can not downgrade the Home Phone for at least 2 years so be careful which package you choose.
2. The internet you can downgrade or upgrade at any time.
3. You're in commitment with bell for at least 2 years.
4. You can downgrade your TV package at any time.

- Another thing is if you want Unlimited Bandwidth, you have to pay 10$ a month, but hey what's 10$ if you get the service for 12 months free.

- The Fibe TV comes with a Free HD PVR Receiver any extra receiver is 7$ a month (Up to maximum of 6 receivers).

- They can set you up with upto 3 phone outlets for free.

My opinion is this is an amazing offer, and I don't mind paying the regular price after the contract for both the Fibe Internet and Fibe TV.

Lets be real not many people get an opportunity to have true fiber to their house (FTTH), most current communities have FTTN. The advantage with FTTH is that you will get dedicated connection with amazing upload and download upto 175 MBps UP/DOWN and your connection speed is not lowered when you whatch Fibe TV at the same time as surfing the net (FTTN shares the Fibe TV/Internet connection, as you have copper running to your house).

BTW In case you're wandering I live in Milton Derry/James Snow PKW area and FTTH is available there.

What do you guys think about this offer?

zinc
Premium
join:2004-02-17
Kitchener, ON

Bell is doing FTTH in all greenfield (brand new) developments.

First time I've heard of the free 2 year offer though!

dustmaker

L9T7C7

Its 12 months free not 2 years... Pm me and i will give you the details of the bell person incharge of it

QL0G1C

join:2007-02-20
Concord, ON

1 edit

Sweet offer just checked its available in my area since I checked a house on the next street since my house isn't built yet. How did you get this offer.

dustmaker

L9T7C7

1 edit

Bump

zinc
Premium
join:2004-02-17
Kitchener, ON
reply to dustmaker

Oops misread it

dustmaker

L9T7C7

bump

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to dustmaker

Sounds good, funny thing, I'm close to you and most I can get is 7 meg, STILL waiting for an upgrade to the area...

dustmaker

L9T7C7
reply to dustmaker

Oh I hear you man. I was so happy that I had the 50/50 package... Thats the benefit of having a brand new house, they run the fibe wires before the houses are built. But soon enough it will be in your home too.

dustmaker

L9T7C7

1 edit
reply to dustmaker

Bump

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to dustmaker

How new is this home. I'm trying to determine whether it would be easier for an Aerial deployment on Older homes for FTTH or whether they are going for Boring on Newer houses.

Congrats on the FTTH 175/175. I'm envious and I'm in the GTA and I don't have FTTH (even though others claim to have it in my area).

dustmaker

L9T7C7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to dustmaker

The house was just built, I moved in 2 weeks ago. So everything was already ready for the install. The install took 5 hours as they had to put the cables from outside to the inside of my house.

However there was already a pipe ready for it (i.e they did not have to drill wholes).

They're planning to do areal from what I heard but it might take awhile, probably next 3-5 years.

Ped_Man

join:2004-03-27
Markham, ON

1 edit
reply to dustmaker

I wish to delete this post.

docbill

join:2006-10-24
Stoney Creek, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Velcom
·Bell Sympatico
·Bell Fibe
·voip.ms
·PortBridge Inter..
reply to dustmaker

The thing to keep in mind about Bell is it doesn't matter what the promotion is, what you are promised, ... That is not what will actually receive. If you are willing to call and complain, threatening to cancel on a regularly, you'll probably end-up with something comparable to what you signed up for... Expect surprises. Like they'll tell you can change your internet package at anytime, but when you do so they might suddenly start billing you when you are still in your "free" period. Or they might charge you a cancellation fee just because you changed plans. And when they do decide to cancel, you might find they have you down with a different cancellation period that what you were told. Your promotion and discounts you negotiate for may disappear without notice. Your service might be changed to a different plan without notice.

If you like spending an hour or two each month talking to a Bell representative, go for it. If you don't mind them deviating from your contracted agreement without notice, then go for it. If you just want to get the deal you are promised at the rate you are promised without the need to haggle each month, go with someone else.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to dustmaker

said by dustmaker:

The house was just built, I moved in 2 weeks ago. So everything was already ready for the install. The install took 5 hours as they had to put the cables from outside to the inside of my house.

However there was already a pipe ready for it (i.e they did not have to drill wholes).

They're planning to do areal from what I heard but it might take awhile, probably next 3-5 years.

Where exactly are you located in Mississauga and how much did that house cost ?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to see if it would be Cheaper to get a Condo with Beanfield FTTH (100/100 for $60 uncapped) or Bell FTTH 175/175 with the Unlimited plan.

dustmaker

L9T7C7
reply to dustmaker

I'm in Milton not in Mississauga.

dustmaker

L9T7C7
reply to dustmaker

deleted

weedb0y

join:2013-04-29
L6Y 0W3
reply to FiberToTheX

Just bought a new home and moving in a week. The house appears to have FTTH capability. Can you please send me the details of the rep for this offer?

Thanks,

sm5w2

join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON
reply to dustmaker

Why was the "FTTH/FTTN London Ontario" thread locked?

It's a fair question - isin't it?

Expand your moderator at work

weedb0y

join:2013-04-29
L6Y 0W3
reply to weedb0y

Re: [Internet] New Home-Owners ATTN: 12 Months Free FTTH Service

Any update on the offer? Anyone else? OP seems to be missing.

dustmaker

L9T7C7
reply to sm5w2

Dunno don't ask me lol, I'm not a moderator here.

DoctorT

join:2011-07-23
St Catharines, ON

I might be planning on moving to a place with Bell Fiber.
Do you know what penalties Bell has if you want to cancel sometime during the second year (or anytime)?

weedb0y_

@bell.ca

The new offer that I was offered was
No contract 50/50, Bell Fibe TV and Home phone for 6 months for free.

meloman

join:2013-05-21
reply to dustmaker

I asked for this offer at The Source and Bell shop in Montréal and they have no idea about it.