spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djinfamous

@sbcglobal.net

[Speed] getting triple play monday, blast 50 in area

should i request or make sure im getting any specific equipment, because its phone with them too is my cable modem also the phone hardware or is it seperate? on uverse all 3 are handled via 1 device (RG)

just want to make sure im getting everything correct the first time.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Phone and internet will probably be the same modem. You really get whatever they have on the truck.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to djinfamous
Usually, you get one modem, an Arris 722G, which is a fine modem. They have recently started using an Arris TG862, which is a gateway and includes WiFi. The general opinion is to avoid this modem if at all possible if you have your own router. You may possibly get two different devices. As Rody said, it depends on what they have on the truck.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to djinfamous
You may get two modems if the phone and Internet are in different locations. My phone comes in through the basement and the Internet is in the bedroom.

Its just where they can tie into the phone line to feed the dial tone into the house line.

djinfamous

@sbcglobal.net
doh getting an 862, why does this suck, anything i can do to improve it?

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
said by djinfamous :

anything i can do to improve it?

Yeah. Have them put it in to bridge mode and then use your own high quality router with it.

djinfamous

@comcast.net
hey thanks for the info everyone, loving the speeds getting 55/11 right now the guy said our line is really good here.

going to look for some quality routers

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
said by djinfamous :

hey thanks for the info everyone, loving the speeds getting 55/11 right now the guy said our line is really good here.

going to look for some quality routers

As for routers, if you're a Mac user, the Apple AirPort routers are rock solid, but that is just my opinion.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL
reply to djinfamous
Both my neighbors have received an Xfinity branded phone/modem/router gateway with their new triple plays they've signed up for.

I forget who makes that gateway, I know it was talked about around a year ago on here. I thought I heard some bad things about these units as well? Perhaps someone remembers what I'm talking about.

If you request anything the Arris TM722G is a good one to ask for. You will need your own router, as this does not have WiFI/router functions built in (a good thing).