share rss forum feed

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

Do you get Verizon LTE ...maybe, maybe not

I have the Millenicom Hotspot plan. Verizon shows no coverage in my area for LTE. You may be surprised if you lock the MiFi into LTE only mode what the results may be :

--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
I am seeing this as well... (started getting some pre-paid jetpacks (mifi 4510l) as backup devices (outrageous prices $90 for 10 gigs but good for emergencies)).

Many areas where verizon only shows 3G on their maps are indeed kicking out LTE... guess the tower crews are faster than the webmasters

ggultra2764

join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY
reply to Jim_in_VA
Is this possible to pull off with the 4620LE?

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
that's what I used - the 4620

ggultra2764

join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY
Found the settings. Looks like I don't have any "hidden" LTE spots near me yet.

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
reply to Jim_in_VA
My situation is worse in that the Verizon coverage map shows good coverage in my area but I actually get very weak 4G coverage outside my home. There is insufficient 4G signal for the hotspot to detect it in my home. Two miles South and Two miles West of my home I can receive a strong 4G signal. I worry because when I called Millenicom and Verizon, both claim that the Verizon 4G network is not strong in my area and will not commit to when satisfactory 4G coverage will be available in my area. What is most frustrating is that there is a Verizon tower 3,000 Feet from my home but it is not equipped with 4G equipment and no one at Verizon will commit to a proposed date when the tower will be upgraded to 4G.

JSmith67744

join:2013-01-04
reply to Jim_in_VA
Man, I really wish I could get my hands on one of these just to test if it'll work better than my existing plan -- before putting up the money to change my plan over.

Sprint is getting on my last nerves lately, perfect signal, low ec/io (-1, -2) and still near dial-up speeds on anything coming out of port 80. Their stance 'nothing seems wrong besides the speed', which is the only thing that matters with internet besides stability (which is highly lacking on Sprint's end lately as well).

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
find a Verizon store and take a test drive - return it if the device does nothing.
--

Zanfirico

join:2013-01-12
reply to Jim_in_VA
I didn't even have to buy one and return it, I just explained I was interested but wanted to confirm the signal, and they gave me a loaner for an afternoon. I brought in back the next morning. No luck for me but it was an easy test.

JSmith67744

reply to Jim_in_VA
The nearest Verizon store is about 40 miles away,I called and asked them and they told me it would cost $150 just to test the device and the entire amount wouldn't be refunded if it didn't work (20% refund? The heck, Verizon?)

chadd02

@myvzw.com
Wouldn't you be able to tell just from your cell phone how good it is if you download the Speedtest.net app from a 4g mobile device?

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
reply to JSmith67744
that is wrong. Verizon lets you check service for 14 days. That store is ripping you off
--

JSmith67744

Yeah, that's exactly why I can't test things. There's a store 40 miles North and a store 40 miles south -- both told me the same thing.

As for checking a phone, the only Verizon phones I have access to are old 1X phones. My cell phone runs on the AT&T 3.5G network.

murfeez_law

join:2013-03-29
However, if you show coverage in your area, you may order a Millenicom MIFI and if you don't get the optimum results when received, you can return for a full refund with exception of shipping, so you really can't lose.