how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nanyte

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

Re: Can we upgrade via email?

Hi, I can definitly email you my account info, but should I wait until things go live?

tx!

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

said by Nanyte :

Hi, I can definitly email you my account info, but should I wait until things go live?

tx!

Do you know what POI you are on?
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

Nanyte

@teksavvy.com

yup, AJax2

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Nanyte

I was under the impression you were in the new areas we just launched. If your not, we have to wait until your existing POI is migrated

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

nanyte

@teksavvy.com

ya...that's why I thought it was early to send you my info. My original question was just wondering if we would be able to upgrade(once live) via email instead of by phone.

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

1 recommendation

You can use the direct forums. They're awesome, and you don't get stuck on hold on the phones!

Kewjoe

join:2002-04-14
North York, ON

They are awesome, but I tried to put an upgrade for DSL for my parents and I had to call in for it. They didn't want to handle those via TS Direct.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

said by TSI Marc:

Hey all,

We appear to have some level of commitment on this time-line. Nothing is set in stone but I'm told that this is fairly reliable.

March 22 - Aggregate POI turn-up with these 13 new areas
Alliston
Barrie_sperling
Barrie_wickies
Bolton
Collingwood
Harris (Brantford)
Keswick
Orangeville
Orillia
Pefferlaw
Pine Ridge(Oshawa)
Stratford
Woodbridge

For existing POIs
March 27 - Guelph
April 10 - McNicoll
April 15 - Markham
April 22 - Brampton
April 29 - Ajax
May 6 - York Mills
May 13 - Newkirk (Richmond Hill)
May 20 - Scarlett
June 3 - Dupont
June 10 - Kitchener
June 17 - Greensboro
June 24 - Bloor
July 3 - London
July 8 - St Laurent
July 15 - Fallowfield
July 22 - Richmond Rd, Ottawa
July 29 - Wolfedale (Mississauga)
Aug 5 - Comstock
Aug 12 - Newmarket
Aug 19 - Woodstock

As each POI above gets migrated, new speeds/plans will become available. Existing 18 and 28 tiers will become grandfathered and will no longer be available.

Gang,

looks like a change in schedule;

Ajax moved to April 22
Brampton moved to April 29

Everything else stays the same so far. Working really hard to keep with this schedule.

Guelph looks on track for tomorrow.

For new signups in Guelph once the migration is done, will also fall under the Beta/Soft Launch... we're working on updating the forms within the next couple of weeks. Subsequent migrations would also be covered once we have it sorted.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1

If someone at Rogers wants to bump London sooner, I won't "mind" that schedule change

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Guelph looks on track for tomorrow.

For new signups in Guelph once the migration is done, will also fall under the Beta/Soft Launch... we're working on updating the forms within the next couple of weeks. Subsequent migrations would also be covered once we have it sorted.

+1 Good Luck Guelph !!!

Hope everything goes SM00TH

*Cheers* from Toronto!

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSGuyCable

said by TSGuyCable :

Wondering if any plans have been released? At least we can know the plans/pricing... I am interested in Ottawa.

I am in Kanata, ON, a suburb of Ottawa, does that mean that on July 22nd the entire Ottawa region will get access to the new plans?

Thanks,

July 8 - St Laurent
July 15 - Fallowfield
July 22 - Richmond Rd, Ottawa

If the schedule holds, yes.

callous99

@46.19.141.x

marc, out of curiousity, what does teksavvy need to do on its own end to move to aggregated?

Do you guys need to physically take out equipment from the areas affected to decommission the routers etc?

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

My friend is asking me whether Teksavvy has service in the following postal code. I see only IPOI and not APOI speeds.

N2L 3E8

Thanks

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by geokilla:

My friend is asking me whether Teksavvy has service in the following postal code. I see only IPOI and not APOI speeds.

N2L 3E8

Thanks

none of the web forms or qualification tools have been updated for Rogers speeds.. should have that ready by next week.

In the mean time.. the areas that are already live on the aggregated network can signups via here: »[Cable] Rogers ATPIA - Live - BETA - March 22nd, 2013
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to callous99

said by callous99 :

marc, out of curiousity, what does teksavvy need to do on its own end to move to aggregated?

Do you guys need to physically take out equipment from the areas affected to decommission the routers etc?

We are physically building out an entirely new network. We're adding new equipment as well as multiple new connections.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by geokilla:

N2L 3E8

Thanks

none of the web forms or qualification tools have been updated for Rogers speeds.. should have that ready by next week.

In the mean time.. the areas that are already live on the aggregated network can signups via here: »[Cable] Rogers ATPIA - Live - BETA - March 22nd, 2013

Yes I know that, but I don't know what POI serves Waterloo.. If city names were used I wouldn't have to ask.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Kitchener most likely
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

newtuser

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

We just moved to TS on 18 Mbps Down / 512 Kbps Up.
Does this speed remains same after the new upgrades?
If we buy new cable modem will the speed be increased in new plan?

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by newtuser :

We just moved to TS on 18 Mbps Down / 512 Kbps Up.
Does this speed remains same after the new upgrades?
If we buy new cable modem will the speed be increased in new plan?

What modem are you using right now?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

said by TypeS:

The black one

(We've gotta stop meeting like this, my modem's suspicious.)

newtuser

@teksavvy.com

said by TwiztedZero:

said by TypeS:

The black one

Wow. How did you know? seems like schooldays are not over.

DPC2100R2

routing

@jillyred.net
reply to TSI Marc

Could someone from one of the new areas or a migrated area post a traceroute to google or anywhere really. Curious to see what the routing looks like and how much of the rogers network packets take on the ATPIA.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
reply to TSI Marc

Aside from the access to higher speeds what benefits does an APOI offer versus a DPOI ?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by FiberToTheX:

Aside from the access to higher speeds what benefits does an APOI offer versus a DPOI ?

Faster upgrades if there's congestion. No more of 5 1gig links at multiple POIs.. Can have multiple 10gig links.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to newtuser

said by newtuser :

said by TwiztedZero:

said by TypeS:

The black one

Wow. How did you know? seems like schooldays are not over.

DPC2100R2

Going to assume this is your modem based on the model number?

»www.cisco.com/web/consumer/suppo···r-guides

Yours may say Scientific Atlantic on it, Cisco bought them out some time ago. It is a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, and will be limited to the 18/.512 plan once it is grandfathered in.

So yes, you will need to upgrade your modem (Rent-to-Own option is on its way though!). Any DOCSIS 3.0 approved modem will allow you get the majority of the new tiers, some will be limited to 45/4 (but these are no longer sold I believe). The model TekSavvy will sell you will be good for up to 150/10 package and further upgrades. Barring DOSCIS 3.1 implementation (long ways away) or more than 8x4 channel bonding needed.

nanyte8

join:2011-07-31
reply to TSI Marc

Probably stupid question, but after this migration, will teksavvy customers be able to get firmware upgrades pushed to us?

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by nanyte8:

Probably stupid question, but after this migration, will teksavvy customers be able to get firmware upgrades pushed to us?

As far as I know, no. That issue wasn't on the table with ATPIA and CBB in recent CRTC decisions.

But the issue along with CM certifications and the long runnning Bell VDSL modem issue are being brought forward.

You can read about it here: »CRTC 2013-80 Optional Upstream Speeds, DSL Modem Cert

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to nanyte8

said by nanyte8:

Short answer: NO.

Longer more detailed convoluted answer with Bazinga's... See many many other threads... Of which this is just one, a lot can be gleaned by closely inspecting the CRC Telcom notices and Tariff files, (theres a lot of those).
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

carbon4

join:2013-04-07
Markham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Excited about the great plans and scheduled to start using Teksavvy on the Cable18 plan on...... April 14 !!! The upgrade is Markham onApril 15th. Talk about terrible terrible timing to switch internet providers!!!!

Either way I'm excited and considering delaying it for 1 day to get the Cable 25 plan. Any Teksavvy reps that can offer some advice?

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by carbon4:

Excited about the great plans and scheduled to start using Teksavvy on the Cable18 plan on...... April 14 !!! The upgrade is Markham onApril 15th. Talk about terrible terrible timing to switch internet providers!!!!

Either way I'm excited and considering delaying it for 1 day to get the Cable 25 plan. Any Teksavvy reps that can offer some advice?

You get it earlier before us in Richmond Hill by about a month.

My advice would be since the 18/28 will be Grandfathered wait for the migration then move to the ATPIA plans.