newtuser

@teksavvy.com
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

said by TwiztedZero:

said by TypeS:

What modem are you using right now?

The black one

(We've gotta stop meeting like this, my modem's suspicious.)

Wow. How did you know? seems like schooldays are not over.

DPC2100R2

routing

@jillyred.net
reply to TSI Marc

Could someone from one of the new areas or a migrated area post a traceroute to google or anywhere really. Curious to see what the routing looks like and how much of the rogers network packets take on the ATPIA.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
reply to TSI Marc

Aside from the access to higher speeds what benefits does an APOI offer versus a DPOI ?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by FiberToTheX:

Aside from the access to higher speeds what benefits does an APOI offer versus a DPOI ?

Faster upgrades if there's congestion. No more of 5 1gig links at multiple POIs.. Can have multiple 10gig links.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to newtuser

said by newtuser :

said by TwiztedZero:

said by TypeS:

What modem are you using right now?

The black one

(We've gotta stop meeting like this, my modem's suspicious.)

Wow. How did you know? seems like schooldays are not over.

DPC2100R2

Going to assume this is your modem based on the model number?

»www.cisco.com/web/consumer/suppo···r-guides

Yours may say Scientific Atlantic on it, Cisco bought them out some time ago. It is a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, and will be limited to the 18/.512 plan once it is grandfathered in.

So yes, you will need to upgrade your modem (Rent-to-Own option is on its way though!). Any DOCSIS 3.0 approved modem will allow you get the majority of the new tiers, some will be limited to 45/4 (but these are no longer sold I believe). The model TekSavvy will sell you will be good for up to 150/10 package and further upgrades. Barring DOSCIS 3.1 implementation (long ways away) or more than 8x4 channel bonding needed.

nanyte8

join:2011-07-31
reply to TSI Marc

Probably stupid question, but after this migration, will teksavvy customers be able to get firmware upgrades pushed to us?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by nanyte8:

Probably stupid question, but after this migration, will teksavvy customers be able to get firmware upgrades pushed to us?

As far as I know, no. That issue wasn't on the table with ATPIA and CBB in recent CRTC decisions.

But the issue along with CM certifications and the long runnning Bell VDSL modem issue are being brought forward.

You can read about it here: »CRTC 2013-80 Optional Upstream Speeds, DSL Modem Cert

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to nanyte8

said by nanyte8:

Short answer: NO.

Longer more detailed convoluted answer with Bazinga's... See many many other threads... Of which this is just one, a lot can be gleaned by closely inspecting the CRC Telcom notices and Tariff files, (theres a lot of those).
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

carbon4

join:2013-04-07
Markham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Excited about the great plans and scheduled to start using Teksavvy on the Cable18 plan on...... April 14 !!! The upgrade is Markham onApril 15th. Talk about terrible terrible timing to switch internet providers!!!!

Either way I'm excited and considering delaying it for 1 day to get the Cable 25 plan. Any Teksavvy reps that can offer some advice?

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by carbon4:

Excited about the great plans and scheduled to start using Teksavvy on the Cable18 plan on...... April 14 !!! The upgrade is Markham onApril 15th. Talk about terrible terrible timing to switch internet providers!!!!

Either way I'm excited and considering delaying it for 1 day to get the Cable 25 plan. Any Teksavvy reps that can offer some advice?

You get it earlier before us in Richmond Hill by about a month.

My advice would be since the 18/28 will be Grandfathered wait for the migration then move to the ATPIA plans.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to carbon4

said by carbon4:

Try calling them and ask them if they can credit you the $5 speed tier charge. It's being offered to new Teksavvy customers.

rltan

join:2010-04-29
Scarborough, ON
reply to TypeS

Its a small plastic box with Power Adapter plug and Cable plus network Plug at the back!

SimC

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

I am moving into a new house in Brampton in a couple of days and will be signing up for Teksavvy. If I place an order now will I receive the new speeds or will I be grandfathered in on the old tiers?

Please advise...

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Hi SimC,

New prices for Brampton are not yet in place. You would be grandfathered to existing prices. To change there would be a $5 fee.

Regards,
Martin

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

The New Speeds are as Follows.
»/r0/download/2···alls.jpg

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2

Client: I'd like the Plaid service with Unlimited usage please
TSI Agent: Most certainly sir, would you like that blue on red or red on blue?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Marc

McNicoll migration completed on schedule:
»[Cable] ATPIA - Mcnicoll migration April 10th 2013

(Note: I think it makes sense to have a new thread as areas get migrated, but also worth keeping this thread bumped. We don't want to lose track of the overall roadmap.)
--
electronicsguru.ca

Coolin

join:2008-04-06

There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the forums, but I assume Markham migration is happening tonight. Hopefully it all goes well.

addp009
Premium
join:2003-03-08
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Marc

It doesn't look like Markham has been been updated in the web forms. Is the Markham upgrade still on schedule?
--
Addp009's Site

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Teddy Boom

Yeah this one and the new rates thread both oughta be stickied to the top of the forum until everything is done and ironed out.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to addp009

Hmm.

Trying to get more details about this. Stay Tuned.

Coolin

join:2008-04-06

It looks like Markham wasn't migrated last night. I did a tracert this morning and it was still going through markham1.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by Coolin:

It looks like Markham wasn't migrated last night. I did a tracert this morning and it was still going through markham1.

We missed it. This one is our fault. It will be rescheduled for later this week. I'll post once I know. really sorry about that.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

addp009
Premium
join:2003-03-08
Kitchener, ON

Thanks Marc - are you taking orders for Markham TPIA at the point in time, or should I check back later?
--
Addp009's Site

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

I don't believe its live yet. It will most likely go live with the reschedule of the migration.

callous99

@nltelcom.com
reply to TSI Marc

Once an area is migrated, how does one obtain the faster speed profile (if it is at the same cost)?

Would we need to call in to request the $5 charge added to the account, or will the profiles be added months later when Teksavvy is ready?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by Coolin:

We missed it. This one is our fault. It will be rescheduled for later this week. I'll post once I know. really sorry about that.

It has been rescheduled to Wednesday at 3am. (i.e. tomorrow night)
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Markham POI has been migrated. The website has been updated to allow orders at the new speeds.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

random

@teksavvy.com

Marc:
Can you edit your first post by crossing out or commenting the POIs as they have been migrated/delayed etc so that there is a single location for the updates?

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Good idea ... just put a "done" or "completed" aside the ones migrated to ATPIA