uniqs
share rss forum feed

Insilin1i

join:2010-07-15
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

Noooooooooooooooooo

Damn I was hoping to have 150/10 up and running shortly after June 3rd.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Gang, we are doing everything we can to speed up the process however, as previously noted, the next upgrades will be in mid June..

Thanks Marc!

So to recap:
These are all on APOI now?
March 27 - Guelph
April 10 - McNicoll
April 15 - Markham
April 22 - Brampton
April 29 - Ajax
May 6 - York Mills
May 13 - Newkirk (Richmond Hill)

And we are stalled here, so add about 3 weeks to each date? Or are other schedule changes maybe more likely now, so that we might need a rejigged list?
May 20 - Scarlett
June 3 - Dupont
June 10 - Kitchener
June 17 - Greensboro
June 24 - Bloor
July 3 - London
July 8 - St Laurent
July 15 - Fallowfield
July 22 - Richmond Rd, Ottawa
July 29 - Wolfedale (Mississauga)
Aug 5 - Comstock
Aug 12 - Newmarket
Aug 19 - Woodstock
--
electronicsguru.ca

tightgrip

join:2011-04-26
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Can someone from teksavvy confirm if scarlett has been upgraded? Reason I ask is I submitted a direct forum ticket to have my service upgraded once my poi was switched over and after receiving the service change confirmation email, my Internet went down.! Now I have to jump through all the standard troubleshooting hoops plus wait another 48 hours for rogers to look at the issue.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
It has not been updated yet and that order should not have gone through...

Can you please Post on the direct forum and I will inform my team you are doing so?

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

tightgrip

join:2011-04-26
Etobicoke, ON
That's pretty disconcerting that you guys didn't check that my service was even compatible before hand (I even specifically asked to be upgraded once my POI was switched to aggregated model). I have a direct forum thread @ »[Cable] Cable tier change

said by TSI Andre:

It has not been updated yet and that order should not have gone through...

Can you please Post on the direct forum and I will inform my team you are doing so?

Thanks,

Andre

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23
reply to TSI Marc
Is it worth switching to 150/10 or is Teksavvy's backbone connections saturated?

user451

join:2011-01-07
Brampton, ON
reply to mrdylanblue
Put in the request on Friday Night for Brampton. However I am still out of country, but needed to get some files from my PC last night. It seemed to be going much faster than expected so I checked after it completed and that sweet upload speed increase was definitely there.

Nice!

rainor94

join:2009-03-05
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to TSI Andre
I don't know if I should be worried that something went wrong but I still haven't received the upgraded speeds. To summaries I put in the request last Friday, received email from Teksavvy that the order had been processed on Monday, and no changes since then.

I'm asking because it seems like even people who have sent requests for upgrades after me have received them.

TakeOffEh

@teksavvy.com
Same here. I sent in my speed change request, early Friday afternoon. Seems at least a few people who placed their requests later have already received their upgrades, but I haven't seen any change yet.

I'll wait until this evening. Then I guess I'll have to follow up in the Direct forum to see what's going on. Maybe Rogers rejected the request for some spurious reason.

mr_hexen

join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON
reply to TSI Marc
i too did Friday, but was advised to wait 5-8 business days for changes.

TakeOffEh

@teksavvy.com

I decided to ask TekSavvy to look into my request, and Rogers claims to have done the speed change for my account yesterday. Yet, I clearly have not been sent a profile/config update for the modem, based on my speed tests.

The results are the pretty much the same as I've always gotten in the past at 28/1, with speedboost sometimes pushing the download as high as 40 Mbit/s. The only difference is the speedboost effect on the upload now since ATPIA migration, topping out at 2 Mbit/s initially and then tapering off.

If I was at 35/3, I should be getting higher than approx. 37 Mbit/s on download for the second test, and definitely higher than 1 Mbit/s sustained upload.

So it looks like Rogers may be bungling more than a few of the speed change requests.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
And your QoS is not still set for the old speed? (sorry if you already checked)

TakeOffEh

@teksavvy.com
I've double-checked, triple-checked, quadruple-checked. It's not a QoS setting restricting the speeds.

callous99

@amanah.com
connect directly to modem and bypass router?

rainor94

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to TakeOffEh
What did Teksavvy say? I'm think I should have Teksavvy look into my request as well? Here is my speedtest. Modem has been rebooted and I have always had QOS disabled.

»speedof.me/show.php?img=13052507···9660.png

TakeOffEh

@teksavvy.com
TSI has asked Rogers to double check that my speed change was done properly. Probably won't get an answer until tomorrow at the earliest, though.

If you look at my last screenshot from SpeedOf.Me, it shows my speed test history over the last week in the bottom right corner. Beginning with May 17th, before I made the speed change request. Check out the lines for the upload and download speeds . . . they're pretty much consistent all the way through, from the 17th to the 24th. With the 23rd being the date Rogers claimed they made the change.

Your speedtests look very similar to mine. For example, same spike on the upload at first (speedboost) but then it tapers off to 1 Mbit/s. And as you said, you don't have QoS set either. I think Rogers has botched both of our speed change requests.

TakeOffEh

@teksavvy.com
Although I haven't heard back from TekSavvy yet: I thought I'd check my speeds again this afternoon.

This is without me having touched anything, I've made no changes on my end. But I noticed a "Cable Modem Reboot from SNMP" message in my modem log, which tipped me off that Rogers had finally done their job properly.

So, yes, Rogers did botch the speed upgrade. But thanks to TekSavvy for asking them to take another look into the situation, on my behalf.

rainor94

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
I just sent Teksavvy an email asking them to look into my issue. I referenced this page and hope to receive a reply soon.

My current speed test :

rainor94

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to TSI Marc
Yesterday I emailed Teksavvy at support@teksavvy.com. Only thing is I replied to the original email Teksavvy had sent me that my request has been received and has been processed. I'm not sure if these emails get read or not. The subject line to the email I responded to was "OID-****** Change of Service"

Can someone Teksavvy let me know if I need to send another email with a normal subject line or to contact them in any other way?

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
said by rainor94:

Yesterday I emailed Teksavvy at support@teksavvy.com. Only thing is I replied to the original email Teksavvy had sent me that my request has been received and has been processed. I'm not sure if these emails get read or not. The subject line to the email I responded to was "OID-****** Change of Service"

Can someone Teksavvy let me know if I need to send another email with a normal subject line or to contact them in any other way?

Yes, You are not the only customer who replies to the original email they received from us We have been really busy with emails recently but we will be replying to it.
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

rainor94

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
said by TSI Jonathan:

said by rainor94:

Yes, You are not the only customer who replies to the original email they received from us We have been really busy with emails recently but we will be replying to it.

Alright thanks for letting me know I was only asking because sometimes replying to emails sent automatically by companies result in the email automatically being dropped/ignored. I understand it being busy with the way things are right now.

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23
reply to TSI Marc
Is it worth upgrading to 150/10? Are people getting speeds close to the advertised maximum in Richmond Hill?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
Dammit, rogers migrate faster... I want 150/10 already XD!

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

PM'd Jonathan about the change from 28/1 --> 25/2 yesterday, I get a call today telling me to power cycle my modem today. I do all that jazz and look at me! I'm rolling in the upload speed now!

=)

Thanks Teksavvy!

rainor94

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to TSI Marc
Jonathan also helped me out with my issue. I had put in a speed change request on May 17, 2013 but I still hadn't received it. Issue was Teksavvy's records showed me as owning a Motorola SB5120 when the modem I was using is actually a Motorola SB6120. Anyway the issue was figured out it was resolved within the day. I am now enjoying the new speeds.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
Happy to help!

Jon Lai

join:2004-02-27
reply to TSI Marc
How are the new ATPIA services going for most people?

Currently on Cable 18 on the Richmond Hill POI. Wondering if it's worth it upgrading to the new Cable 25?

ReggieX

join:2010-08-30
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Has there been any official updates to the schedule TSI Marc posted in the OP?

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10
reply to Jon Lai
Definitely worth upgrading if only for the upload speeds.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Jon Lai
said by Jon Lai:

How are the new ATPIA services going for most people?

Currently on Cable 18 on the Richmond Hill POI. Wondering if it's worth it upgrading to the new Cable 25?

No problems here. I haven't done daily tests during peak times for almost a month now, but if there's degredation, on 45/4 I can't tell.