c_gadfly

join:2008-05-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to Jon Lai

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule

said by Jon Lai:

How are the new ATPIA services going for most people?

Currently on Cable 18 on the Richmond Hill POI. Wondering if it's worth it upgrading to the new Cable 25?

You should upgrade as long as you have a DOCSIS 3 modem. If you are currently on a DOCSIS 2 modem, you will need to get a new DOCSIS 3 modem (in which case you need to evaluate your value-cost proposition).

zacsaunders

join:2012-05-12
reply to TSI Marc

Wondering if anyone can tell me when Oshawa is going to be migrated.. the first post shows pine ridge (oshawa) as already migrated but when I input my postal code on the website I still get the old offerings. Thanks

mr_hexen

join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON
reply to Jayar

said by Jayar:

said by Jon Lai:

How are the new ATPIA services going for most people?

Currently on Cable 18 on the Richmond Hill POI. Wondering if it's worth it upgrading to the new Cable 25?

No problems here. I haven't done daily tests during peak times for almost a month now, but if there's degredation, on 45/4 I can't tell.

Same here, in Brampton on ATPIA 35/3 i was getting 35+/3 Sunday evening (prime time).

Waimea

join:2010-06-30
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hey all,

For existing POIs

June 3 - Dupont

Hey TSI folks, are we still a go for launch at Dupont today?

--
Proud Teksavvy customer since 2007

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1

Most likely not, Marc said there'd be delays until June 15th.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Waimea

Yeah, today was the "date" - but got moved up an estimated 3 weeks or so - pending any further delays. Welcome to Dupont POI heh. I too am being patient and awaiting the switchover gona be nice

However, if you wish to lunch in the Dupont POI area, just walk around the annex theres lots of shops that have foodies --
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Waimea

Toronto, ON

hahahal might as well "go for lunch" now that the launch has been aborted, or delayed at least. Chatham we have a problem!

We've waited this long, what's a few more weeks.... who am I kidding, this wait is KILLING me!
--

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Just as long as the ATPIA rollout for TekSavvy's entire migration gets "under the wire" in time for the November 15, 2013 cut off date. Or the cut off date is extended due to incumbent(s) delays.

(I think it was Nov. 15 I forget exactly, would have to recheck the CRTC doc's.)
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I think I heard it was extended by a year.

Waimea

Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

I'm guessing that they're taking time to do it right given that DuPont is one of the big ones in Toronto.

You're right, they have until November to get it all migrated. it would be unfortunate if they use the entire window and leave it to the last moment though.

korey, got any source for that. wonder what the reason for the extension might be. capacity issues?
--

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10

I remember there being something about the deadline being extended by 6 months if certain conditions were met. Not too familiar with the CRTC filings though. Maybe resa can comment? She seems to know them pretty well

va3tng
Premium
join:2011-09-13
Waterloo, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Gang, we are doing everything we can to speed up the process however, as previously noted, the next upgrades will be in mid June.. I'll update as I know more.

As it stands, we are also expecting upgrades on Wolfedale/Mississauga in a couple weeks. This is on the disaggregated side.

I'll update once we get closer. Sorry guys.

Hey Mark do you have any updates for us yet?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

said by va3tng:

said by TSI Marc:

Gang, we are doing everything we can to speed up the process however, as previously noted, the next upgrades will be in mid June.. I'll update as I know more.

As it stands, we are also expecting upgrades on Wolfedale/Mississauga in a couple weeks. This is on the disaggregated side.

Peeks at calendar. Oops , June 4. Nope we're not at the middle of June yet. Stay tuned!

RED = Middle
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

d0rhk

join:2008-07-17
reply to TSI Marc

I was really hoping for Dupont to get switched over

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1

I'm still hoping Greensboro is still on track for the estimated timeline

Robleh

join:2009-07-14
canada

Doubt it

WilliamDecke

join:2009-07-19
Cambridge, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Does this include the Kitchener (June 10th) upgrades?

NightMayor

join:2010-04-28
York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

said by TwiztedZero:

said by va3tng:

said by TSI Marc:

Peeks at calendar. Oops , June 4. Nope we're not at the middle of June yet. Stay tuned!
[att=1]
RED = Middle

That's awfully specific. What happens to the 14th and 17th, are those the beginning and end respectively?

ReggieX

join:2010-08-30
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

said by TwiztedZero:

Yeah, today was the "date" - but got moved up an estimated 3 weeks or so - pending any further delays.

Moved back, you mean.

d0rhk

join:2008-07-17
reply to TSI Marc

An update on the schedule would be appreciated.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

1 recommendation

I'll have an update for everyone on Monday.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Oooo. I swear... Marc has learned the subtle art of the internet connectivity tease. Somewhere he's read the Kama Sutra for ISPs.

/popcorn

I wants me some 45/4 unlimited... or if I can live with 300 GB pending detailed analysis of several months worth of bandwidth on their monitoring tool... some 150/10 !

--Steve

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

said by stevey_frac:

I wants me some 45/4 unlimited... or if I can live with 300 GB pending detailed analysis of several months worth of bandwidth on their monitoring tool... some 150/10 !

I hear ya on that sentiment. I mean the price difference between 45/4 unlimited & 150/10 limited I think is around $17 or so, and it has me seesawing back and forth as the migration in my area gets closer n closer... - do I want to go with the 45 and bump up to 150 again later or just pick n stick with one or the other out of the gate - decisions - decisions . . . I'm allready kinda commited myself to buying the Thomson 476 very soon in the next while.
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I think i'm on the razors edge of being able to live on 300 GB / month, since all my TV is streaming video at this point.

I can move all my heavy downloads to the free morning window without issue, but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to count bytes. that's no fun.

--Steve

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

said by stevey_frac:

I think i'm on the razors edge of being able to live on 300 GB / month, since all my TV is streaming video at this point.

I can move all my heavy downloads to the free morning window without issue, but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to count bytes. that's no fun.

--Steve

Just remember the golden magic hours unlimited downloads and uploads 2am - 8am, which are partially causing my seesawing towards 150/10 limited mostly cause I do tend to be nocturnal in my interwebbing habbits streaming and all.
Also that on all the regular hours unlimited uploads helps too.

Its just that 45/4 unlimited will give me peace of mind in the case of WTF if I go over - over - over - so thats why I'm still see-sawing on my ultimate budgetary decision.

/me wipes egg off face: 45/4 it is!!! not a /10 lmfao
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Robleh

join:2009-07-14
canada

45/10 isn't it 45/4? damn!!

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Ya. I'm just not sure how much of my bandwith meets the unmetered conditions

--Steve

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to Robleh

said by Robleh:

45/10 isn't it 45/4? damn!!

oops ! Me - facedesk - Ur right lol

/me runs to rescue stranded braincell...

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

vMedia migration schedule:

»VMedia Customers Switching To Aggregated POIs

Bloor June 19
Brampton June 26
Etobicoke July 4
Greensboro July 10
McNicoll July 17
York Mills July 24

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19

said by MFido:

vMedia migration schedule

I can't help wondering what's going on with Acanac too..
--
electronicsguru.ca