Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

2 edits

[DSL] TekSavvy STILL can't get it right

Ok guys... I've been complaining to TekSavvy for quite some time about the inaccuracy in their website. My postal code is N2N 2L8, and their website STILL shows that they offer DSL6, DSL10, DSL15, and DSL25 in my area, which is not true. They will only actually allow you to sign up for DSL6 in my area. In fact, if you try to put in an order for DSL10 in my area (which is what I tried to do), they'll tell you it's all good and that it's all gonna be setup, but then their system will forcefully switch you out to the DSL6 and will NOT allow you to order anything faster. This is really getting annoying here and is making me tempted to contact my lawyer to push the issue. According to FEDERAL LAW, if a company such as TekSavvy advertises that they offer a certain product or service, they are legally REQUIRED to offer this service. In this case, this just simply is NOT the case, and quite frankly, it's beginning to piss me off. I've complained to TSI about this REPEATEDLY, and every time they tell me they'll "get that corrected", yet months go by and their website stays the same, still displaying this wrong information.

My question for TSI on this note is as follows: "Give me one good reason why I SHOULDN'T contact my lawyer and press this issue because I've been mislead by TekSavvy, and have been repeatedly been told that they will fix the issue, but yet they never have?"

It's bad enough that I was mislead by TekSavvy, being promised the DSL10, which in includes a 1MBit upload speed, then got Jewed down to the DSL6 (which has a slower upload), but to complain about this inaccuracy repeatedly, just to have TekSavvy turn around and do NOTHING about the issue just adds insult to injury. C'mon now TekSavvy, get with the program. It's about time that you maintained compliance with FEDERAL LAW, instead of just playing the same games that Bell does by saying they offer something, then REFUSING to provide that to the customer when it is requested.

Granted, I didn't want to have to create legal troubles for TekSavvy, but once again, I as a PAYING CUSTOMER feel that I have been dicked around by you guys again, and I'm getting sick of it. Your website says that you offer it, and it has been promised to me REPEATEDLY by you guys, but yet, I've NEVER been switched over to the DSL10, nor have I ever been able to subscribe to it, despite what your website says. I cannot stress enough that you guys need to get your act in gear because I'm getting sick of being mislead by you guys, when you clearly have no regard for FEDERAL LAW because you have done NOTHING to correct this situation. Again I must request a damn good reason as to why I SHOULDN'T get my lawyer involved because the Consumer Protection Act clearly outlines that because you advertise that you have this service, you are legally REQUIRED to offer it, but you don't offer it, and you haven't been bothered to remove this from your website for MONTHS!

I'm getting really fed up with this kind of bull and now, I want answers. Such answers also include why has this been allowed to continue like this, despite the fact that customers have complained repeatedly that you're advertising this service, but are not actually offering it to your customers? Furthermore, why is it that you can promise a customer DSL10, but then just switch them out for DSL6 and hope that they don't notice? You even promised me that "once it becomes available", you'll notify me and get me switched over, but yet nothing has changed... Not even your website... It's time that TekSavvy started giving me some answers on this because I'm but ONE step away from calling my lawyer to press the issue because I REFUSE to be IGNORED when I am a PAYING CUSTOMER!

EDIT: Just thought I'd add a little P.S. to TekSavvy because I already KNOW how they're going to try and justify this, based on what they've done before...

P.S.: Don't even think about trying to blame this problem on Bell. You've been made aware of this inaccuracy numerous times over the last several months, and have chosen to just blame the problem on Bell. The problem that I have with this is that Bell DOES NOT control your website, nor do they have anything to do with the way that YOU represent YOURSELVES, including what you have listed on YOUR website. Understand that this is YOUR website, NOT Bell's, and you have been made aware of the problem MULTIPLE times, but have refused to change or otherwise correct this. Failing to get with the program and correct your website accordingly is the result of YOUR neglect to properly advertise your products and services on YOUR system and has NOTHING to do with an error with Bell, especially since you've been notified about this REPEATEDLY. This boils down to something that is 100% the fault of TekSavvy, which appears to be the result of NEGLIGENCE on your part, for which we the PAYING CUSTOMERS are expected to just put up with. I seriously thought you guys were better than Bell and could actually step up to the plate with such issues, but I can only guess by your lack of attention to this matter that obviously, avoiding legal trouble is NOT a concern of yours... Thanks for grossly misleading your products and violating my trust by IGNORING this situation, despite the fact that I am now ready to get a lawyer involved to FORCE you to step up to the plate on this and abide by FEDERAL LAW! This is the kind of bulls*** that I honestly expected from Bell, but not TekSavvy!

rogersmogers

@start.ca
Ok first of all the comment in your post "Jewed down" is what killed your entire attempt at making a mountain out of nothing.

They are not required to do anything, all internet service is UPTO when it comes to speeds.

Second: you are not out any money so you have nothing to sue them for. If they were breaking any laws it would be upto the Gov. to push the issue and not you. Your lawyer will tell you this or he will think you are as crazy as we do and just take your money.

Third: if it bugs you that bad, a) don't go on the website so often to check and b) goto another ISP

Forth: Just because YOU think it is wrong does not make it so, just because YOU cannot get the service doesn't mean others in your area cannot.

No one is forcing you to check, no one is breaking any laws well your "Jewed down" comment could be taken as racist.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to MrMazda86
well If you click on The details, This would deflate any case u have it says and i quote "Up to 10 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up"

While i realize this is not Great Comfort specially since your area claims to be 25/10 capable which Suggests a big brown closet within 1 km of your home. perhaps its Out of ports atm who knows. What i can say is Your lawyer will be unfortunetly Unable to do much as it is UP to on all the packages., there is no guarantee of speed so rather than charging you for DSL 10, Teksavvy Charged u for dsl 6 since u cannot get 10 speeds when technically They could have pulled a Bell and charged for 10 while providing 6.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
reply to MrMazda86
"Jewed"?

In 2013?

You must be kidding me.

Advice to Teksavvy - cut this person off right away, no notice no nothing, refund him any used portion of his last payment, and be done with it.

Mike

hmph

join:2012-10-23
reply to MrMazda86
No one cares.
Good day.
That is all.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to MrMazda86
It's quite obvious you've got no knowledge of how the wholesale DSL system works...

The lookup that you do on TekSavvy's website actually checks Bell's database, since Bell is the one who owns the last mile network and they are the ones who know what is available or isn't at any given time. There are also errors in this database, as you're finding out.

So I suggest you take a minute to cool down, maybe do a little research. I believe the folks in the TSI Direct Forum are able to request a more detailed verification from Bell vs the one on the website.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

pontiacgagt1

join:2007-11-21
Kemptville, ON
reply to hmph
wow. First world problem..

KCCO

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
reply to MrMazda86
From the sounds of it they were doing you a favour by not charging you for the 10 when it was figured out you could only sync at 6 right now...I don't envy the CSA's who have to deal with you.

vikingisson

join:2010-01-22
Mississauga, ON
reply to MrMazda86
Click for full size
The official centre of the universe

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to MrMazda86
Yet another ridiculous rant.

Relax.... no one from TSI is out to get you.
--
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to vikingisson
Wow you guys are sooo harsh to the poor guy i just wanted to set him straight that his Legal crusade would likely end in sadness p:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

hmph

reply to MrMazda86
Didn't you know?
"Federal law allows business to refuse doing business with people that live at N2N 2L8 with the DSLR forum name of MrMazda86."

Their words, not mine.

P.S Under federal law someone (you) needs to reimburse me for the 676 worded novel that my computer had to download.

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON
Actually, that's where you're wrong... They promised me one thing, then gave me another. That's not exactly "honest" business. Up to 6Mbit and up to 10Mbit are two completely different things. They promise one thing, then hand over another, and ignore customer complaints that they're refusing to honour THEIR OWN PROMISES. That's the part that's illegal.

hmph

SS or it never happened.

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON

1 edit
reply to MrMazda86
@dillyhammer: So I see your solution to a customer who is not satisfied is just cut them off... I don't think you should be working for any provider if that is your attitude because this will ONLY result in further legal complications for the provider. They're legally obligated to supply what they advertise that they offer. When one thing is requested, it is NOT LEGAL to switch them for something lower, while promising them something different, especially when the customer is NEVER NOTIFIED OF THE CHANGE. I suggest you do your research before making such claims.

hmph

Now you are a lawyer too?

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON
What you also fail to take into account is the fact that TekSavvy has REPEATEDLY made this promise to switch the service over to the DSL10 and had originally promised the DSL10, but then switched it out for the DSL6 WITHOUT NOTICE, trying to say that the DSL10 is not available in this area. They've also repeatedly stated that they will change the website in the last SEVERAL months, but have failed to do this as well. They make promise after promise to their paying customers, but never have any intention of actually following through on their promises. This has become quite evident.

And yes... It is EVERYONE in my area, not just me.

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON

1 edit
@morisato: I don't think you entirely understood the situation. It is not the actual speeds that I'm griping about... It's the whole fact of being promised one package, then without being told, just being changed over to a slower package at a different price point. According to the Consumer Protection Act, such a change IS NOT LEGAL. I was given a product different than what was advertised, which is also different than was requested. That's where the issue lies. TekSavvy just continues to ignore the problem, doing nothing about it, despite promising their customers that they will have things changed, but yet months later, nothing has changed. THAT'S the problem.

As for the legal side of it, I've already checked with a lawyer and yes in fact, they have confirmed that I am correct. If TekSavvy states that they offer the higher packages, they are legally REQUIRED to allow their customers to sign up to them. While the speeds are "up to" speeds, this is besides the point. The point is that I requested a different package completely than what they gave me. The problem here comes in whereas TekSavvy has no regard for this, and has promised repeatedly to correct this situation over the last several months, but is outright REFUSING to do so, and outright REFUSING to comply with federal law by actually allowing a customer to subscribe to what they are allegedly able to subscribe to.

Again, I realize that the speeds are "up to", but as I've said before and I'll say again, that is completely aside from the whole point of the matter. The whole point is that they're saying that the area is eligible to subscribe to one thing, but when a customer attempts to subscribe to it, they REFUSE to allow them to subscribe to said package, forcing them to take a different package WITHOUT INFORMING THEM! At NO POINT during my conversation with TekSavvy when I subscribed was I told that I would only get the DSL6... In fact, I confirmed several times with the agent that I spoke to that I was subscribing to the DSL10... When I got the confirmation email, TekSavvy had signed me up for the DSL6, when the agent had promised me DSL10, and at NO POINT was I ever allowed to make the switch to get it to the way that was originally promised.

Furthermore, TekSavvy has repeatedly told me over the last several months that they would have this problem with their site corrected, but have failed to do so. The reason this becomes a legal problem is because they continue to advertise that they offer such services, but REFUSE to allow customers to actually sign up for what they advertise that they offer. THAT'S where the big problem comes in because THAT kind of practice is ILLEGAL!

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON
@daeron: It's not a matter of I can only sync at 6Mbit... It's a matter of they will not ALLOW a subscription to anything faster than that, despite the fact that their site says that they do. They have attempted to blame this problem on Bell repeatedly, claiming that they will change their website to reflect the accurate information, but they have never done this. They just continue to ignore their customers, making broken promise after broken promise.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to MrMazda86
said by MrMazda86:

then got Jewed down to the DSL6

Don't do this again.