how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

Guide question

I have a question about the way I view the guide. I have my Favorites List 1 set up so when I bring up the guide it shows just my favorites, which is what I want. However, the guide always starts at the channel I'm currently viewing, and then I need to scroll either up or down. If I scroll all the way down, once I reach the bottom it doesn't automatically bring me to the top of the list, so I then have to manually scroll back up through everything I just looked at to get to the top of the favorites list. Is there a way to always start at the top of the list when I open the guide, or is there a way to get it to scroll to the top after I reach the bottom (I think it does this when viewing 'all channels').

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
It starts at whatever channel you are at in the regular guide too. We all wish the Favorites would wrap back around to the top after you reach the bottom like the regular guide does, but it doesn't.

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX
reply to Mac973
said by Mac973:

I have a question about the way I view the guide. I have my Favorites List 1 set up so when I bring up the guide it shows just my favorites, which is what I want. However, the guide always starts at the channel I'm currently viewing, and then I need to scroll either up or down. If I scroll all the way down, once I reach the bottom it doesn't automatically bring me to the top of the list, so I then have to manually scroll back up through everything I just looked at to get to the top of the favorites list. Is there a way to always start at the top of the list when I open the guide, or is there a way to get it to scroll to the top after I reach the bottom (I think it does this when viewing 'all channels').

No to both of your questions. But if you want to get to the bottom of the channel list just hit the 0 key (or 0000 to get there without waiting for the guide to decide you are not going to enter more digits), to get to the top just hit 9999 (or any number higher than the highest channel in your Favorites list). And of course if you want to get to a specific channel just enter that channel number.
--
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV and Internet
Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR
Motorola QIP 7100-P2
Sony KDL-V40XBR1