Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie

Re: [SC2] Heart of the Swarm available for pre-purchase

How worth it is this game (and WoL) for SP alone?

I love RTS and played the hell out of SC, and all the WC and C&C games, but my schedule and other games means no time to invest in MP... so would it be still worth it for me when (or if) it goes on a nice sale?

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by ekster:

How worth it is this game (and WoL) for SP alone?

I love RTS and played the hell out of SC, and all the WC and C&C games, but my schedule and other games means no time to invest in MP... so would it be still worth it for me when (or if) it goes on a nice sale?

Did you ever play the original SC?

If you're able to get over old graphics, I really suggest you play them.

Otherwise, yes, it's worth it for the SP alone in my opinion, but catch up on the story in SC or you won't understand a thing.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I bought HotS for mostly the SP (I've been out of the SC MP scene for too long, and getting back in would be like random-locking a LoL game then picking a random build). I'm on the third mission and it is fucking awesome. 10/10 would recommend so far.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Yeah, I played the hell out of the original SC.

Thanks guys, I'll add these two to my wishlist then.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by ekster:

Yeah, I played the hell out of the original SC.

Thanks guys, I'll add these two to my wishlist then.

If you played SC and Broodwar and are familiar with the story this is a must buy for the SP alone.

Playing WoL and HotS back to back without the 3y wait will even be better.

I'm jealous.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I bought HotS for mostly the SP (I've been out of the SC MP scene for too long, and getting back in would be like random-locking a LoL game then picking a random build). I'm on the third mission and it is fucking awesome. 10/10 would recommend so far.

This right here. My actions per minute has to be around 50 or so, if not less. Back during the original SC, when I played almost everyday, I was into the multiplayer scene. Nowadays, I just want to enjoy the storyline.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

50 APM isn't that bad tbh, I myself barely ever get to 100.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Not everyone needs to be a 300 APM Korean god. And who cares if you're silver league or bronze. Means you can only go up and with enough time and practice you will.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

Not everyone needs to be a 300 APM Korean god. And who cares if you're silver league or bronze. Means you can only go up and with enough time and practice you will.

Eh, it is more the knowledge that I used to be better. It is also that same mentality that mainly keeps me away from FPS multiplayer.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to ekster

to ekster
I think so, i've recommended it to some others who eventually tried the MP and love it also.