Got another "potential maybe" from a vette restoration shop. along with 6 other rejections. I feel like a jilted lover.
So that is two potential maybe's now.
Another steering column place has a completed column, but was willing to take it out of the column to check his stock. He asked if I minded paying 50$ if he does have it. I said hell no. I'd take it. Beats the 950$ everyone else is asking for a rebuilt column just to get that one 15$ part.
So since this guy is willing to put in some work to find it, figured I'd hold off till Monday before I continue the search. I have one more lead to try which I'll do Monday, along with a bunch of other steering column places.
So, waiting now till Monday for some news or I'll continue the search.
Yeah, thought about doing the mod. Have everything to do it, but will wait it out till fall before I do that. Prefer to keep it original... You know how it is... Just won't feel right.