Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall

Re: Translation...

said by Nightfall:

said by moonpuppy:

At $3.99 to $4.99 a movie, I'll stick with RedBox and the wait.

Just for clarification, part of the VOD service is if you subscribe to the channel, you get the VOD service. So, for instance, if you have at least the starter package, you can stream all the VOD off of NBC, ABC, and so on. If you subscribe to Showtime, you can stream all the showtime channels.

By offering this for free, its really a benefit to those who have Comcast cable and who don't subscribe to the premium channels already.

But is all that content in 5.1 audio like the original broadcast? I know it didn't used to be.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by aaronwt:

But is all that content in 5.1 audio like the original broadcast? I know it didn't used to be.

From what I've seen yes it is. Maybe not all, but the shows I've played were.

It's kind of odd though as the program is usually in 5.1, but the ads or "pre-program" stuff is in stereo.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to aaronwt

MVM

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

said by Nightfall:

said by moonpuppy:

At $3.99 to $4.99 a movie, I'll stick with RedBox and the wait.

Just for clarification, part of the VOD service is if you subscribe to the channel, you get the VOD service. So, for instance, if you have at least the starter package, you can stream all the VOD off of NBC, ABC, and so on. If you subscribe to Showtime, you can stream all the showtime channels.

By offering this for free, its really a benefit to those who have Comcast cable and who don't subscribe to the premium channels already.

My parents have this service and yes it is.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to aaronwt

to aaronwt
some is, some isnt. it seems to depend on the network that is offering it. i know game of thrones last year wasnt 5.1 ondemand, so i had to DVR it.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by gar187er:

some is, some isnt. it seems to depend on the network that is offering it. i know game of thrones last year wasnt 5.1 ondemand, so i had to DVR it.

It was in 5.1 for me.

When starting playback with the "previews" it starts in 2.0, but once the title screen for GOT came up and the opening music started it switched to 5.1.