[SU] 10.8.3 released

Click for full size
Have at it!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Wow, when did they release the last update, seems like it was 6 months ago lol.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
reply to joshuapat

Minor yipee! "A fix for an issue in Messages that may cause messages to appear out of order after waking from sleep"

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

said by haroldo:

Minor yipee! "A fix for an issue in Messages that may cause messages to appear out of order after waking from sleep"

Just upgraded my Imac - real quick install/upgrade - hadnt booted since I installed the SSD last month - SSD boot time is incredible and really makes the process seem faster.

See a new sharing option in Itunes for photos
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to joshuapat

Also an SMC update 1.1 for 15" retina MBP.

said by Apple :
This update resolves a rare issue where users may experience slow frame rates when playing graphics-intensive games on the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. It also includes bug fixes for Power Nap, wake from sleep and fan control.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

said by skeechan:

Also an SMC update 1.1 for 15" retina MBP.

said by Apple :
This update resolves a rare issue where users may experience slow frame rates when playing graphics-intensive games on the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. It also includes bug fixes for Power Nap, wake from sleep and fan control.

I hope this SMC update fixed my fans running constantly playing Starcraft II.

haroldo

united state
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

I don't ... where is it ? (I like to find and check out all new features)

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

said by haroldo:

said by dellsweig:

I don't ... where is it ? (I like to find and check out all new features)

itunes -> file -> home sharing
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

haroldo

united state

said by dellsweig:

itunes -> file -> home sharing

dellsweig -> thank you -> very much!

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
reply to joshuapat

Any word on an Active Directory fix? I know Mike has been getting frustrated with it.

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA
reply to joshuapat

Installed along with SMC update 1.1 for my 8 day old 15" MBP Retina, everything went fine.

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
reply to joshuapat

Smooth install on the MacBook Air. Waiting to see how it goes before installing on the iMac.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Black_Mage

Nope.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
reply to joshuapat

Update went smooth, thanks OP for the heads up.

Tex Longhorn
45-35
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-05
Luckenbach
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Pacific Bell - SBC
·Verizon Online DSL
·Verizon FiOS
reply to joshuapat

Computer Specs
Not so smooth for me.

Finally at 10.8.3 after four hours. Updated via App Store. Returned 30 minutes later and the Apple logo was on the screen and the spinny guy was going below it.

Returned one hour later and still doing it. Booted into recovery mode and checked the disk and permissions. All okay. Chose a startup disk. It showed that 10.8.3 was installed and listed it as an option. Also listed was a prior version on a separate disk. Went with 10.8.3 and it hung at the same spot. Booted into recovery mode again, checked status again. Started up in previous version and it worked. Back to recovery mode. Chose to reinstall the operating system and here I am.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to Black_Mage

said by Black_Mage:

Any word on an Active Directory fix? I know Mike has been getting frustrated with it.

What active directory issues are you running into? I have multiple macs on my company network all working 100 percent from what I can tell. All of them are bound to Active directory as objects and see SMB shares perfectly.

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH
reply to joshuapat

Looks like they might of FINALLY snuck in a fix for my (and plenty of others) Notes via IMAP issue that I posted about while back:
»[ML] Notes

I will test it out tonight.
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Tex Longhorn

Just ran it on my work Mac Pro. I was a little worried to see if the video card would be ok after the upgrade, since I replaced it with a used one from a local mac shop last week after the original Radeon 2600XT died.

But it booted up ok and the 5770 is working fine.
--

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

I'm actually happy about that fix. I hated that they were all screwed up on my Mac. I always had to cross reference with my phone to figure out the conversation properly.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to RiseAbove

It's not even an issue for me anymore. It takes about 15 times to log into your computer on an 08 R2 controller. Else you get a phantom account that is like the default profile with literally no permissions to do anything except log off. No files to be seen. I can't even pwd in terminal because there is no permission to open terminal. Can't run a script to see where it's at either.

Plus mission control and swiping between pages don't work when bound. Off domain it's fine.

I took my machine off the small domain I have and just did local accounts.. which is what I didn't want to do.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

I wound up doing the same thing since I could never get Photostream and iCloud documents to work with network homes...

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to joshuapat

Upgrade went well, though after reboot my iMac refused to see my DNS-323 NAS by its name. After screwing around for a bit, I just edited the host file. Life's too short.
--
Start Communications Forum

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

It's not even an issue for me anymore. It takes about 15 times to log into your computer on an 08 R2 controller. Else you get a phantom account that is like the default profile with literally no permissions to do anything except log off. No files to be seen. I can't even pwd in terminal because there is no permission to open terminal. Can't run a script to see where it's at either.

Plus mission control and swiping between pages don't work when bound. Off domain it's fine.

I took my machine off the small domain I have and just did local accounts.. which is what I didn't want to do.

When you tried to bind it to the domain did the object already exist in AD or did you just try to add it and let it automatically get put into the right OU's?

We found that if you went into a computer and tried to just bind it to the domain with out it already being listed it would not work you would get what you are talking about. But if you went into the right OU, created the object name and then matched that with what you registered on the Mac in the Directory Utility then everything worked right out of the door and you would bind right up and get permissions to everything.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Tried both. I gave up.

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·ooma

Mike: Have you looked at Centrify? We use their free version for auth'ing Solaris/Linux servers and plan to look at it for Mac/Linux laptops/desktops. Their commercial pricing was not too excessive for desktops.Their server pricing is just plain stupid for the commercial app.

»www.centrify.com/express/free-ac···p#agents

haroldo

united state
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

Nope, still out of order (for a series of messages sent from iPhone, but viewed on OS X)

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to joshuapat

Seeing improved battery life after the rMBP SMC update, another hour. Yesterday I got 9 hours of simple work (word processing, excel, browsing) before getting the 10% warning. Very stoked.

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to Tex Longhorn

said by Tex Longhorn:

Not so smooth for me.

Finally at 10.8.3 after four hours. Updated via App Store. Returned 30 minutes later and the Apple logo was on the screen and the spinny guy was going below it.

Returned one hour later and still doing it. Booted into recovery mode and checked the disk and permissions. All okay. Chose a startup disk. It showed that 10.8.3 was installed and listed it as an option. Also listed was a prior version on a separate disk. Went with 10.8.3 and it hung at the same spot. Booted into recovery mode again, checked status again. Started up in previous version and it worked. Back to recovery mode. Chose to reinstall the operating system and here I am.

You can install a downloaded combo update package to any eligible start up disk attached to the machine. So, in your case, you could have booted up the earlier OS version, downloaded the 10.8.3 combo, and applied it to the borked startup disk. It may not have solved the problem, but it might have saved you from a full reinstall. (This trick also works to repair installations of macs booted via target disk mode)
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to joshuapat

Ran Ok on all 3 Macs. rMBP, MBA, and iMac. I noticed that I can now FTP map a remote drive over the Internet. Don't know if the FTP returned with this update or a previous one, but I am glad FTP is back.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by TamaraB:

Ran Ok on all 3 Macs. rMBP, MBA, and iMac. I noticed that I can now FTP map a remote drive over the Internet. Don't know if the FTP returned with this update or a previous one, but I am glad FTP is back.

can you upload to it? That was always the limitation before.
--