how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT

Fix the buffering on Sat evenings first...

...and then worry about 4k, OK?
There has not been one single instance where I could watch a movie without pauses for buffering during weekend evenings, that while all my bandwidth tests show 15+M at the same time.

lemonade

join:2003-12-13
Los Angeles, CA
could it be an ISP thing? may be they prioritize certain thing, just wondering, not questioning your experience, because I don't experience any slowdown during weekend night.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
said by lemonade:

could it be an ISP thing? may be they prioritize certain thing, just wondering, not questioning your experience, because I don't experience any slowdown during weekend night.

I doubt, because friends in the region having different ISPs are experiencing the same. 8-10PM EST on a Sat is buffering time...

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
reply to cowboyro
No problems here any day of the week.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
same.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to cowboyro
Could be the point of entry into the Internet or where its peered at or some place else. I have U-verse and have no problems at any time with NetFlix.

Paxio
Premium
join:2011-02-23
Santa Clara, CA
kudos:1
reply to cowboyro
No buffering on our network. Playback smooth as glass -- even for SuperHD and 3D streams. (Fiber has its advantages!)

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TBBroadband
Ditto.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to cowboyro
My guess is it's your ISP peering, probably don't have CDN either.

I've never noticed an issue with buffering on Netflix streaming any time I use it.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini