No thanks.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elwoodblues:

300K for a box in the sky that's probably sub 600 sqft

No thanks.

That's the sacrifice you make for location.

Many would say no thanks to a 2000 sq. ft house for 300k that's an hour or more away from everything.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

300K for a box in the sky that's probably sub 600 sqft

No thanks.

I agree; but a guy I work with thinks I'm nuts for my commute... It's a matter of opinion, I guess.

(For the record - I built a 1500 sq ft bungalow on a 1/3 acre in a small town this summer, just over an hour north of the city... About 350k - comparable to a 1 bedroom w/den at Cityplace, in the 700 sq ft range).

Oh, and I have 9' ceilings in my basement; so usable space is almost 3000 sq ft. And can park 2 cars in the garage, and 4 more in the drive...

My house in mid-town TO? 750 to a mil... I'll keep my drive; thanks.

LOL - my Rogers Internet, however, does lack; compared to what those glass skyboxes have available, though... You win some; you lose some...

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

It's a trade-off. One of my friends commutes from Oakville. They have a big house, but they need to roll out of bed before sunrise and catch the 5:40 GO train to be here for 7:00. Almost 3 hours per day wasted commuting. I spend maybe 20 or 30 minutes walking a day to and from home, no gas to buy, no stop-and-go traffic or train schedule to follow.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
I'm east Toronto proper, not a huge place by any means, but it's a house with a good sized backyard and driveway.

A buddy of mine (in that thread about prenup) bought a 1000sqft
"loft" downtown east for 660K. It's gorgeous but no thanks, I like my backyard and my grass and my trees and my garden and my neighbours......

It is about the commute too, I've been fortunate enough to work downtown or at least within an hour of biking away from work. Rode for 11yrs, year round.. people thought I was bloody nuts.

Blizzard absolutely, when I bought my place, my folks thought I was crazy, I could buy a "bigger" place in Brampton. In fact I did look around there. At the time I was working downtown, and we socialized a fair bit after work. There were 3 GO trains at the time going in each direction..

I passed on the entire idea.