Search similar:

uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

1 edit

chgo_man99

at&t no longer allows changing your data plan

I logged into my account and to my surprise I no longer see option to change my data plan,

looks like they made it a part of your voice plan, which means if you want to change it, you'll have to speak to an agent and it may affect your current contract, just like change to voice plans.

I have old grandfathered $25 data plan and wasn't gonna change it and loose it, but its kinda upsetting no longer to have flexible option to change to larger 3GB or 5GB with tethering and change it back to 3GB anytime you no longer need it. They must have eliminated it because people wanted to use tethering without jailbreaking but only sometimes without having to subscribe to 5GB data plan all the time every month.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

blood suckers

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to chgo_man99

Mod

to chgo_man99
I don't think you have ever been able to change a grandfathered plan and then change it back. Once you change it, you loose it. I have grandfathered plans on both iPhone and iPad.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

said by robbin:

I don't think you have ever been able to change a grandfathered plan and then change it back. Once you change it, you loose it. I have grandfathered plans on both iPhone and iPad.

didn't you carefully read my quote?
quote:
I have old grandfathered $25 data plan and wasn't gonna change it and loose it

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I read it but would argue that if AT&T makes it real easy to move from the grandfathered plan then many probably don't understand that if they click they loose their grandfathered plan forever. You still have the option, just call. My guess is that if you cancel your grandfathered plan then you will have the option again.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

att have always added warning to changing data plan options menu that if you'd change it, then you wouldn't be able to go back to the old plan. Not sure why they would think its good idea to restrict access.