how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to cdru

Re: Need to find new sink aerator, company won't return calls!

said by cdru:

Google "Elkay LK7522" for pictures. Parts list is here and has 3 different part numbers for aerators based on finish.

Good luck. And next time get a name brand that you recognize.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I called Elkay and the aerator is inside-threaded, not outside-threaded. Right diameter, wrong placement unfortunately. Thanks though!

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:7
Reviews:
·localphone.com
·Callcentric
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
reply to squircle
said by squircle:

Problem is, even though they have a working website, they won't return my calls or respond to my emails. Their Toronto office has closed down and their Montreal distributor (that Kona links to) claims they've only ever sold cell phones.

It sure [is] hard to find info on this company.

Website is in Poland, and they are seeking to hire staff in Poland.

But the website is registered in the name of Geann Industrial Co., Ltd. of Taiwan!

In the US, they seem to be related to a company called KOTAN INTERNATIONAL L.L.C. with an address in Wilmington, Delaware.

But that address turns out just to be for an agent that arranges for companies to get incorporated in Delaware, and serves as a mail drop.

(Delaware has corporate-friendly laws, so incredibly huge numbers of US companies are incorporated in Delaware but basically just have mail drops there. You only need one state to make your company legal....)

I am really good at doxing, but these Kona guys might as well be CIA for how wrapped up they are!

Good luck.

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to squircle
Quit wasting your time and buy a new one.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to squircle
From the pics you posted, I really don't see anything that cannot be brought back by a good soak in CLR or some other mineral deposit remover. I think you gave up too soon.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Nightwing
First do this: "At my local lowes depot, they have thing you can screw the aerator on to to fine the right size. They have probably 20 or 30 different aerators. Its in the plumbing repair aisle." and get the thread size then do this:
said by Nightwing:

Look at some of these. You might find something that works.

»plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-28···ers.aspx

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
reply to Pacrat
said by Pacrat:

From the pics you posted, I really don't see anything that cannot be brought back by a good soak in CLR or some other mineral deposit remover. I think you gave up too soon.

I agree for the plastic insert part. Good stuff. The metal outer part could be negatively affected if it has zinc. Even if it is not zinc, the color could differ after a soak in CLR.

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to Pacrat
The problem isn't shown well in the photos but the plastic part is cracked and is causing problems. I'll try it again, though.

jodiedunnit

@sbcglobal.net
reply to squircle
looks like a kohler
www.ebay.com/itm/Kohler-K-6334-Matte-Black-Single-Handle-Kitchen-Faucet-with-Side-Spray-from-the-/380581661395?pt=US_Faucets&hash=item589c6f4ad3

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to mityfowl
said by mityfowl:

Quit wasting your time and buy a new one.

+1 - I'd just buy a new one. I stick with Moen myself as their customer service has always been great for me. Instead of trying to find an aerator if it was a Moen you'd make a call and have a new one shipped to you free.

What happens when a gasket wears out or another part breaks? Save yourself the time and replace now!
--
"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill