how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NEPA

@verizon.net

NEPA speed issues

Hello,
Is any one in North East PA dealing with insane slow speeds ? since January of this year my speeds have been getting slower and slower. Verizon says the line is fine.

Here are my stats.

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3358 862
Margin (dB) 25.1 15.7
Line Attenuation (dB) 37.5 18.2
Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 12.8

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1

great margins there, you have room to upgrade speed if you want.

now to the actual problem, what you are experiencing is likely congestion. pm tim_k See Profile with your dsl line number, and state you have congestion issues. linking to this thread is also a good idea.

hope you get it sorted out

NEPA

@verizon.net

thanks for the information. But as far as I know i don't have a Dsl line number or how to find it. My bill just has an account number. I dont really care for more speed. I just want near the speed i am paying for if they can do that.

this it today's run just for fun lol

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3358 862
Margin (dB) 24.9 16.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 37.5 18.2
Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 12.8

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1

dsl line number is same as phone number, even dry loop lines have one. not sure if tim can take account numbers to do things, but i don't see why not.

NEPA

join:2013-03-15
Greentown, PA

Yes its a dry loop. i have no idea what the number is. I don't have it on any paper work. It not printed any place on my bill.

I have been running tests. The speeds stay the same

»/testhistory/1860192/28d1b

NEPA

Greentown, PA
reply to Demonfang

yes its a dry loop. I was never giving the number for it. I have no idea who to even find it. I am still shocked i am the only one from NEPA on here with issues.

speeds at this time.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:36
reply to NEPA

hopefully somewhere on your bill is the dry loop number. They took away our ability to look up circuit info by customer name. Call billing if need be, they should be able to give it to you.

NEPA

Greentown, PA

Thanks for your reply. I am going to have to call belling because I only have any account number. It looks nothing like a phone number.